Razor Maxx Free WiFi??

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Wow. All of this because I said, Go use Foxfi. I had no idea that this would get up to 6 pages. I figured you just go install it and be done. Verizon does have a way to see if your using a hotspost or your phone's just using data on it's own. I don't know how good of a job Foxfi does with hiding this fact. To be honest, if you are going to be using Foxfi a lot, you really should pay the $30 to cover your bootie. My 2 cents. Take them and run for another 6 pages :D

Hey dood....you contributed! That's what forums are for.
I don't think I'll be using mine much, but I sorta agree with you. If you're gonna use a lot (not sure what a lot would be) but anyways..a LOT, then prolly I'd pay and be done with it. Again, this is a good free tester to see how much you WOULD use it.
Thanks for the link.

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I installed foxfi and it works great. On a trip today wife was able to use her kindle fire through my hotspot lookup local homes for sale. Thanks for the tip.

rkortes

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Tried it today with my new Maxx and it worked great. Data transfer speeds were really fast! It will be interesting to see how long this lasts.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
If you read the entire thread you'll find the file for PDANet 3.25

However feel free to try FoxFi without it. Some people have luck with it working on it's own.

Holy crap I just installed is and it works great. One tip however after installing foxfi reboot the phone before trying to pair to another wifi device.

mobius99

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I tried to do a search with no results, so if this is already being discussed somewhere then kindly link me to the topic.

Has anyone found a way to get the mobile hotspot feature to work without having to use Verizon's (and pay them the monthly fee for it)? Root or no root? I heard something about PDANet in combination with FoxFi working on Gingerbread but not sure how that works. Any info would be appreciated.

I'm ready for a new phone and having the wifi hotspot (free of course) is a huge bonus for me. I'm considering this or the Nexus.

Root only but worked for me just fine.Hope it helps.

MrVeda

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
FoxFi is great but is it normal for the Maxx to get pretty hot whilst using for about 10-30 minutes? Even when on calls for over 1 hour it doesn't heat up like that.

Just making sure no damage is being done internally.

TA8088

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Gave this a go on my Razr yesterday and its working. Willing to bet it will only last so long but I'll enjoy it while its working.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

CRitter

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded FoxFi to my new Razr Maxx, set up, and turned phone off and on again. Seems to work, I try to connect using another wifi device, connects but then disconnects saying the password thing is wrong, even though it is correct. Suggestions?

TIA

CRitter

May 26, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, was able to get it going by doing a "soft reset" involving holding down the power and volume button at the same time. Now working like a charm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC