1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Question contacts / calander confusion

I came from Blackberry and have had a Razr maxx for about a week. My contacts and calander are really confusing me. I see and understand that there are different sources for both and see how to view one or the other or all of them at once but is there a way to make them all the same and back up to one source?
    I would like to have all my eggs in one basket and avoid the confusion of multiples.

Default Re: contacts / calander confusion

you need to set the default calendar to the one you want, say gmail, then any new entries going forward will be in the same basket. not really sure about how to update any old entries though.

Still trying to understand why The date's I have entered into my contacts in gmail will not show up on my calendar. Example would be my anniversary with my Fiance.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ROM

Dates you put into your contacts may not crossover to the calendar. This is understandable because I don't necessarily want a reminder for everyones birthday.

Have you set up a google calendar yet on the google website? Its not automatic and you have to go there to set up your settings and profile. Once you set it up your droid calendar will sync with google.

Once your google calender is set up open your droid calendar and hit the menu button. Make sure your google account is selected for your default calendar.
    Droid Razr Maxx 4.1.2

I never used the Google Calendar with my Dinc, but decided to try it with the Maxx... I do not like it, I really miss my Outlook 2010 calendar. Is there a way to switch back to NOT use Google Calendar and then just somehow sync with Outlook Calendar? I suppose I could at least in the meantime disable the phone sync with Google, but that does not help me use it with Outlook.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by PeninaD View Post
    I never used the Google Calendar with my Dinc, but decided to try it with the Maxx... I do not like it, I really miss my Outlook 2010 calendar. Is there a way to switch back to NOT use Google Calendar and then just somehow sync with Outlook Calendar? I suppose I could at least in the meantime disable the phone sync with Google, but that does not help me use it with Outlook.
    You can sync with outlook but I'm pretty sure it has to be through google calender. You can tell it to sync from outlook to google but not the other way so whats in outlook remains the same. There may be another way. Heck, you can get other mail so I'm sure there's something.
    Droid Razr Maxx 4.1.2

It's just Outlook has so much more customization for appointments (business and personal) over Google (much more social oriented), I lost so much specialized info when I allowed Outlook to sync to Google Calendar. There must be a better way. Even HTC had a sync program for the Dinc to Outlook.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Hello! did you ever figure out a way to get your Outlook calendar to Android? I have a Razr Maxx Hd and it's driving me crazy. I really hate Google calendar, mostly for the reasons stated above and the fact that I can't seem to keep it synced. (also double entries)... Oh how I miss my blackberry!

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts

I know this is an old thread but if you set up outkook.com account then you can set you phone up with exchange server settings.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts

Never mind it doesnt work well

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2