How much screen time do you get per charge?

Atranox

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Nexus, and I love the phone... but I'm not really happy with the battery at all. I get about 2 hours of screen time @ 50% brightness or 3 hours @ 25% brightness before the battery is done. I was just curious as to what you guys with the RAZR Maxx were getting (along w/ your brightness setting).

I'm considering returning the Nexus for a MAXX - just not sure what to do.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
If battery life is your main concern get a razr.. I mean the thing has a 3300 mah battery.. A nexus would have great battery life if it had that too but you wont get anything close without one of those beyond ugly extended batteries... Hopefully motorola starts a trend.. Im no hater its as simple as this.. If battery is your thing get a razr maxx if you care about the most current software get a nexus.. Its that simple..

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Maxx on Thursday. I got it, charged it to 100%, and got these stats:

Total Time: 17 hours and change
Screen On Time: 6 hours and change

When I put it on the charger, it still had about 10% left. And those times are all reflected with all the downloading of apps, system updates, contact/account syncs, about 5 minutes of voice calls, pics/video, playing with the phone, etc. I will say that those numbers were all achieved on wifi though.

I just put it on the charger for the 2nd time w/ about 22% battery left, and here are those stats:

Total Time: 31 hours (approx)
Screen On Time: 3 hours and change

I'd say about 70% was on wifi, 30% on 4G, give or take. I threw it on the charger a bit early this time, but have no doubt I could have tagged on another hour of screen on time and another 5 or 6 of Total Time before hitting 10%.

So, if battery life is important to you, the Maxx is a good choice. On day 3, I am quite pleased that I went with the Maxx over the Rezound.

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have to say that this phone answered the battery life dilema of many phones for many years. I use my phone on and off during a work day and never use wi-fi. I'm eaither making calls or checking email or searching the internet.

At the end of the day (5pm) my phone shows 3/4 of battery left. I keep using it till I go to bed and I'm still at 3/4.

My previous X had to be charged by 2pm or it would die. My son has an X2 and same thing. My other son has a regular Razr and his last most of the day but by 5pm he needs a charge.

Motorola hit a home run with this phone.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Two things hold me back from purchasing a phone like this. The first being the horrible amount of bloat that it comes with. There should be an option of a phone that is not subsidized but you can get without bloat. The second is blur. I prefer a pure Google experience.

Maybe we will get lucky and Google will eliminate blur in the Motorola line of Android phones.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Two things hold me back from purchasing a phone like this. The first being the horrible amount of bloat that it comes with. There should be an option of a phone that is not subsidized but you can get without bloat. The second is blur. I prefer a pure Google experience.

Maybe we will get lucky and Google will eliminate blur in the Motorola line of Android phones.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

I don't mind the bloat because it can be hidden with the press of a button. It's so easy to forget about it when you don't have to see it each day. As for Blur, I actually like this current form of Blur better than any companies spin on Android. Never used a pure Google experience yet, but I'm not worried about it.

Thin phone + 4.3" Screen + 3300 mAh battery = Instant winner.

ronniesherard

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I've only had the phone since Thursday and, I have to say, I'm quite impressed. I haven't timed my screen time, but my TB would be dead by lunch at work. Yesterday, I didn't have to charge until I got home. Awesome battery life, hands down!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk