not receiving all text messages

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
For anyone with this issue that's not apple related try a sim pull with the device turned off and the do a power cycle. My 3g to 4g handoffs have been inconsistent with this sim in my 5 gnex's and it seems to be the same in my maxx though not as severe so I'm requesting a new micro sim.

Deetoo

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I posted this in another thread but it is the same issue as here, so I'll post it here as something is very wrong with the whole thing. And by the way, O2 is a Network provider here in England ;-)

Hello.

I've just been browsing for the same problem, so I I'm sure you'd like to hear my ongoing issues as it's been a major nightmare for me and it helps to share the knowledge which I've acquired, so I've specifically registered with the forum to explain. I'll try and keep the story as short as possible, but there's a mountain of details, it's been that bad. And the problem has been with texts not so much phone calls not being received, although that has happened to my partner on her iphone4.

This goes way back to when I first got the Dell Streak (Android). Prior to that I had a Nokia Ngage and I had no problems at all with texts going missing or merged texts. When my partner and I first realised that texts were being missed, which was after only a couple of weeks, we started numbering our texts, which we still continue to do today. Most days would miss texts, but the problem got worse as the weeks went on. She would get my texts but I wouldn't receive all of hers, some days a couple of texts wouldn't come through, other days 15-20. I had three different Streaks which they replaced for me and had the same issue on each one. This was over a period of about 8 months (yes I am patient... well...) and with dozens of visits to the 02 shop and on the phone to customer services. While the Streak was being sent off each time I had to temporarily use my old N Gage, yet there were no problems at all in that time, but when I got the Streak back it started again. Remember, at all times we're numbering texts to see which don't come through and yes we send a lot of texts to each other during the day, maybe 50 - 100.

My partner even switched phones, to an iphone4 but the problem persisted. I then told 02 I wasn't going to have another Streak and wanted to change phones, which I did, to an HTC HD7 (Windows) and there were no issues at all with it for just less than a year and a half of my remaining contract. However, my contract ended so I was due an upgrade and I got the Samsung Galaxy Note on first day of release (May 11th 2012 I think). In the last four months I've had the same problems as I had with the Dell Streak with missing texts and also, like with the Streak, MERGING texts - A current text cut short and combined with one from weeks ago! I've made many calls AGAIN to 02 (which every time I ring I have to explain the whole thing over and over) and they've been trying all the bog standard fixes, like they did with the Streak, but no success with any of them. It has been elevated through 'Guru' to the technical engineers who have been in contact with me often to try and gather info and 'look into it'. I just want a phone that works!!!

I've had enough with the missing texts and merging of texts, so last night I demanded they change the phone to a different model. (The HTC One X - Android is coming tomorrow). We also found out that it isn't happening just with my partner's messages not being received, as we found that some of my mam's texts didn't come through either and she is on the same 02 network as me, which eliminates the problem just being with my partner's Orange network and my 02 phone.

We have literally tried pretty much every trial and error scenario there is and the only similarity with the whole thing is that both the Streak and the Note are Android based. Yes, I'm changing to the One X which is also Android, but we don't know it's Android for sure. However, it it happens again with the new phone I'd put money on the fact that it's something to do with Android software and if it does, I won't be using them again as I know the HTC brand worked great under Windows system.

It may seem daft, but not receiving texts to your partner can stir up an awful lot of aggro and problems... that I've been ignoring her question, or haven't got back to her in time etc etc... you get the idea I'm sure. The worst has been when arranging times for things when it's not possible to call and we've actually missed events and outings because of it never mind all the 'discussions' after it!!!!! VERY ANNOYING!!!

I'd advise anyone anywhere to start numbering their texts with their partner or whoever you text regularly for a few months or so just to see if there are any surprises. No-one is going to miss texts like "Went to see Batman and it was excellent", as they are just statements, but "Right, I need picking up at 4.30am please at the airport as my battery is nearly dead and I have no money left for taxi." You're in trouble now...

It's a big issue and it's an ongoing issue and 02 said they'd never heard of it before. I said to them "well that's worrying me a lot because I had months and months of the same problem with the Streak". If it's happening with me, you can guarantee it's happening to a lot more people as well, but if you don't number them, you just don't know. So you're bang up-to-date, she's only sent 11 texts so far today and numbers 2 and 3 haven't come through, so she's had to resend them. What a joke!!

I'll keep you posted with the HTC One X when it arrives. (UPDATE..HTC One X is going back due to wifi not working if I'm more than a few feet away from the router).

Deetoo

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Thing is mate, that there were no problems on the Nokia N Gage (dunno what that system was) or the HTC HD7 (Windows), both of which were on O2. The problems were with the Dell Streak and now the Galaxy Note, both are Android phones on O2.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
could be a miscommunication between the servers on the O2 network and the way Android processes the I/O on texts and calls. something a little above my head. hope all works out for you ;)

Deetoo

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The guy is sending out a replacement Note on Monday, but I'm not anticipating any change. Just got off the phone to O2 adviser and he said that it will have to be sent off to be repaired if it happens again. Problem is, the likelyhood of it being fixed is ultra slim-to-none.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Why would they send your phone in to repair? The phone has nothing to do with receiving calls or texts its all about the carrier. They handle all of that so I'm not sure what they would repair in your phone to fix it:confused:

I have no problems here in the states on Verizon. If I don't receive a text its usually from my girlfriend who has sprint, so i know it's her problem lmao
Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie