Help get my wife a droid

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the maxx right now but my wife wants a droid. She is a smart phone newb and wants a phone smaller than mine so she can keep in pocket. Similar in size to the iphone.
Can you guys recomend a good phone for her to start out with?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the maxx right now but my wife wants a droid. She is a smart phone newb and wants a phone smaller than mine so she can keep in pocket. Similar in size to the iphone.
Can you guys recomend a good phone for her to start out with?

If you want to stay with Verizon... then bring her to the store and let HER choose... if you choose for her then you'll just be digging yourself a big hole which will be nothing but trouble if she doesn't like it... let her choose.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I got my wife a DROID pro. She's always wanted a phone with a QWERTY keyboard. Its small, light, and in her words, "cute"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, take her to VZW and have her choose. The Droid 4 is a good choice. The screen is smaller than the RAZR at 4 inches.

umpirerob

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Let her choose, but Dinc2 is a great beginner phone. Got it for my wife for Christmas and she loves it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I loved my Dinc. The Dinc 2 looks really cool, but no 4G. Take her to the store and let her choose. It's the only winning method!

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
These phones are available to her for less than $50.
Samsung Stratisphere, Droid Charge, Droid Bionic, Pantech breakout.
I'm not feeling a warm and fuzzy on the Pantech but thinking the Charge or Bionic look good. Any input?

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I bought my wife the Razr for Christmas and she was a little upset cause she had been thinking about getting an iPhone because the school she teaches at uses Apple products for everything, including having multiple iPads in each classroom. Then after having the Razr for a month and messing with a friends iPhone I offered to use the upgrade we had get her an iPhone and me take her Razr (I currently have the TBolt). She decided that she loves the Razr too much plus she hated the smaller screen and no removable memory on the iPhone so I then got to order the Razr Maxx for myself which FEDEX should be delivering at any moment :)

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm not feeling a warm and fuzzy on the Pantech but thinking the Charge or Bionic look good. Any input?

Of the phones you mentioned, the only one I'd recommend or even consider for myself would be the Bionic. The Charge and Bionic had some bugs early, but current Bionic owners are reporting that the latest update has fixed a lot. Charge owners are still waiting for bug fixes and (some) a working GPS.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

My wife like her Bionic, but again... LET HER CHOOSE... if she doesn't like what YOU choose it will haunt you for the next 2++ years.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I gave my wife my Razr when I upgraded to the Maxx. She hated it and went back to her Bionic. The Bionic's an awesome phone, but as always, LET HER CHOOSE!

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Droid Bionic should be fine. I work with a female co-worker and her husband bought her one (she came from the og Droid) and she loves with it. She just says it works faster. It's really hard to be really objective to an everyday's person view of a phone when you are invested in the background of things cause if it was me, I would've steered her far away from the Bionic lol but it works for her. And if your wife isn't big on technology, it'll be the second coming for her

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech