Bought your RAZR Maxx within 14 days? Get $100 credited back.

spazma7ik

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is currently running a leap-year promotion where they are taking $100 off a bunch of smartphones, including the RAZR Maxx. Seeing as I was in day 14 of my return window, this upset me greatly. I gave a call to 611 and got the nicest lady on the phone. Told her how I was curious if I could get a credit towards my account for the difference, or if I'd have to return the phone and place another order today. She put me on hold for a minute and came back with awesome news that she would be crediting my account with $100!

So pleased with Verizon right now :D

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I called verizon today as I ordered my maxx Monday and received it this afternoon (I actually called before it was delivered). The rep told me since it was ordered in store I would actually have to return the phone to the store and then reorder it online. After some discussion I was able to get the rep to just credit my next bill the price difference.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I had ordered one of these a couple of days ago (went to the store to buy it, but had to have it shipped because they were out of stock at the store) and received it today and the store helped me activate it at lunchtime. AFTER that, I noted your post, called Verizon customer service, and they tell me I will be credited with the hundred bucks on next month's bill! HOORAH!

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I might try to call, but I bought my through Amazon for $229, so the most I'd get credited would be $30, but something tells me I'd still be SOL. I'd most likely get a rep on the phone, and they'd tell me to send the phone back to Amazon and then place the order through them for the phone to get the $199 price. That's the only problem with ordering from a 3rd party, as VZW is a lot less likely to 'help' in a situation like this.

Berry Crazy

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
WOW !!! I just called the 611 #, got a really nice lady, and got a $100.00 credit on my bill !!!!!! Thanx to
spazma 7ik for starting this post !!!!!!!! AS WELL, as everyone else who had input on this matter !!!!!!!

My day just got better !!!! :D

ssgjaygee

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I just got my $100 credit also. Wasn't easy though. First time I called they wouldn't give me credit because my Maxx was purchased at a Vzw store and this was a online only special. But I tried again, and after a 30min call..I finally got it. Thanks for the post. I loving my Maxx, unlimited Verizon data and Android Central.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, looks like I have a call to make in the morning. Thanks. :)

But I wonder, are you guys new Verizon customers or re-upping for two more years?

Last edited:

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Is this still on today (March 01) and is it good only if you purchased from Verizon? I got mine 10 days ago from Wirefly.com. Let me know soonest. $100 is always a good thing, even if it is VZW credit (pay my bill!)

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is this still on today (March 01) and is it good only if you purchased from Verizon? I got mine 10 days ago from Wirefly.com. Let me know soonest. $100 is always a good thing, even if it is VZW credit (pay my bill!)

No, it was just a one-day online only sale for Leap Day. Plus, with you buying your phone on Wirefly for an already discounted price, you would probably have been in the same spot as I, with VZW telling you to either order the phone through them and return your previous phone to Wirefly, or do nothing for nothing. Verizon isn't going to help you out in that case as you purchased from a 3rd party.

Reactions: PeninaD

Ryp11

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine last night but had to wait on hold for over an hour as they had "higher than usual call volumes". It was worth the wait as I got it for 169 with my loyalty discount. The $30 wouldn't show online so I had to call. Now I just have to wait for it to come in.

ralphtt

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Loyalty Discount . . . ?? What's that? I have been a Verizon customer 16+ years. Grandfathered in from Alltel.

And never heard of or received a 'loyalty discount'.

What have I missed?

thanks!

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Do they go by the date bought or the date it was activated

I ordered ( online ) my Maxx on Feb 15th it arrived on Feb 20th
If they go by the Feb 20th date that it was delivered I might be able to claim the $100

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Do they go by the date bought or the date it was activated

I ordered ( online ) my Maxx on Feb 15th it arrived on Feb 20th
If they go by the Feb 20th date that it was delivered I might be able to claim the $100

They go by the activation date, but you can't get the credit now...the one day sale is over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2