Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Default Blurry pictures

I use my phone a lot for taking pictures and a lot of them come out blurry. Any one have any tips on how to make the picture expirence better?

Is your camera lens the dirty sometimes a dirty camera lens can be the problem.
    Is it focusing right? Try a different camera app. If the problem persists then it might just be the actual hardware not software problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Deluxe Member

Default Re: Blurry pictures

I had a friend that got her first smartphone not long ago and loved it. Then, all of a sudden, she was complaining about blurry pics. I took one look at the phone, wiped the fingerprint off the lens, and all was well.

However, it could also be that you're juttering a bit, especially if the blur is more noticeable in low light (you'll see it more than with daylight pics). Our phones don't have image stabilization for photos, only a digital stabilization for video.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

The Maxx is my 4th Android phone. Always taken lots of pics with my phones and am familiar with issues of dirty lenses. This phone's stock camera app is really bad with fuzzy pics. Something about the way the auto focus and the shutter lends itself to blurry pics. I switched to a third party camera app and now pics are fine.

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

I'm going to have to do the same then for camera

what app did you end up getting, any suggestions?

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

I'm using CameraMX right now.

The stock app takes the pic the instant you press the capture button. For me the phone moves just a bit as I'm pushing, so my pics end up blurry.

This app takes a couple seconds to auto focus after you press the button. That seems to make the difference for me. No more problem with blurry pics.

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

I'm using camera 360 and I love it and it fixed my camera when I take pictures.
    Visque Barca. Mes Que un Club !

With the stock camera, it helps if you wait for the center focus to become a full square before taking the shot--it should beep when it becomes a full square, which means it's focused.

CameraZoomFX is a pretty good 3rd party camera app, with a feature that won't take the shot until the camera is still enough.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

I see what you're saying about waiting for it to become a square then shooting. I was probably not waiting long enough so I will try it. Thank you for your input.
    Visque Barca. Mes Que un Club !