Volume Toggle Switch

bluwtr49

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Is there an app with would disable the little ringer volume switch after the phone goes to sleep??

I have found myself turning down the ringer volume inadvertantly when it's in the holster. Also, when the key is pressed it wakes the phone up. I find both those situations undesirable and would love to change it.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Smart Action... set up a Sleep profile for specific times, I usually combine that with being plugged in... that way it will not enable until I actually plug it in and it will change as soon as I unplug it in the morning.

bluwtr49

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
While I appreciate the reply, it wasn't quite what I was looking for...I might have mis-stated my objective.

By sleep, I was referring to the state the phone reverts to after a couple of minutes and the screen shuts off an needs to be awakened by pushing one of the side buttons.

Unfortunetly (for me) is that the volume control also wakes it up and the ring volume changes. My holster has a soft top flap and quite often I hit the top and the volume changes...usually down until the ringer is muted. What I'm hoping to do is have the switch disabled until the power button is used to wake it up.

Probably just me but there seems to be an app for just about anything so who knows....just might be something out there.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a 3rd party launcher... like ADW, Go Launcher or Launcher Pro??? I'm not using any 3rd party launcher, just the stock launcher that came with my Maxx, and my volume keys don't do anything while the screen is sleeping.

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine does. If I click the power button to shut screen down I can click up or down volume and it wakes up. Only app I have related is no lock and that just gets rid of the swipe to unlock.

bluwtr49

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Looks like you guys nailed it. I'm using an app to disable the swipe screen after I wake it up. Apparently it also allows the volume key to remain functional.

That's too bad because now I have to figure out which nuisance I want to live with.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Looks like you guys nailed it. I'm using an app to disable the swipe screen after I wake it up. Apparently it also allows the volume key to remain functional.

That's too bad because now I have to figure out which nuisance I want to live with.

Try using Elixir 2. It's got a widget that lets you disable the lock. Maybe that will let you have no lock and still keep the volume button functioning as it should. BTW, Elixir 2 has a whole slew of helpful widgets...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed