New Maxx owner's thoughts.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Coming from my Droid X that I dearly loved, might be good to give some feedback for those undecided whether to MAXXIMIZE or not. :)
Size seems to be the big deal. It's not that much bigger than my X. I like the size, but I'm nearly 6'4" and have big hands. I like the screen size for looking and showing off media. The screen colors are incredible. Very nice. Can't imagine a screen being any better. I love the feel of the case. It's incredibly light and even sexy looking. I do NOT miss the hard buttons on the bottom of my X. I do miss the 'grippy' back of the X. This one, albeit Kevlar, slides around. The X sort of stayed in place.
Haven't had any problem with call quality at all.
I could go over all the details, but if you're reading this..you've probably already researched more. I can verify that everything I read and you are reading is right on.
I like the phone a lot, a WHOLE lot. I especially like the smart Action thingy for the headphones that open Pandora.
The phone is LIGHTENING FAST. I mean the dual core processor is amazing. 4G is fast, I mean..it's hard to qualify and say HOW fast...It's just a fast phone.
I'm trying to not overload it with apps. A lot of the native Andoid system seems to have upped it's game and not as much need for some apps; stock texting app is better, I like being able to 'hide' Madden NFL and other bloated apps.
the camera is amazing and much easier than the X to use. I don't miss the dedicated camera button. It never worked right anyways.
I never thought I'd have a use for the front facing camera. Then tonight our dog was licking my bald head and it was pretty cool to snap that using the front camera. LOL.
Plugs into my PC and xferred files/pics very easily.
I'm learning the ropes on the battery life. I'll make another post about that later. Mine went off charger at 6 am and had to go back on at 5pm. BUT>>>part of the day was with data/FB being checked at it's default. I've since turned that off and turned the screen down some and turned off the smart actions except the headphone. I would think the GPS tracking where I was as a trigger would eat battery.
There are ways to conserve the battery and I'll do those top of the day tomorrow and see how long it goes.
but, it has FARRRR better battery life than my X ever was.

If in doubt, rest assured all of the good reviews may indeed be wrong..

This phone appears to be better than I would have EVER expected.

lapeter

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I second this emotion. Now I would never buy a phone with any battery smaller that the 3300 on the Maxx. I have an upgrade in a year and it seems tough to top the Maxx. I am sure technology with change in the next 12 months but I also love the Maxx. Coming from a TB with an extended battery that I had to have just to get by most days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci