Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By socarwolverine
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New maxx here!

Well just ordered my maxx! Looking forward to it. Got a question? Can i transfer or get my apps from the market to my maxx?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    wipe them out, all of them!

Default Re: New maxx here!

Quote Originally Posted by gafool View Post
    Well just ordered my maxx! Looking forward to it. Got a question? Can i transfer or get my apps from the market to my maxx?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Yeah, just need the market app on your phone and it's preloaded if I recall. Click on "my apps" from the menu inside the app and they should all be listed. Signed in of course
    Deluxe Member

Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    Yeah, just need the market app on your phone and it's preloaded if I recall. Click on "my apps" from the menu inside the app and they should all be listed. Signed in of course
    Only paid apps will transfer over. So, if you have freebies, you might want to jot them down in order to re-download them once you get the new phone. You will lose progress on the free games too, so if its important to you to save the progress, you'll want to copy the app and its data from one phone to the other.

Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    Only paid apps will transfer over. So, if you have freebies, you might want to jot them down in order to re-download them once you get the new phone. You will lose progress on the free games too, so if its important to you to save the progress, you'll want to copy the app and its data from one phone to the other.
    Good tip. The free ones like news stations and other gadgets will dissappear. Any easy way is to snap pics of your old screens before you activate the new phone. Once you activate you can bring up the pic on the new phone and you not only have your old apps but where they were on your pages. Great if your a creature of habbit.
    Droid Razr Maxx 4.1.2

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Actually I just got my Maxx and once I logged into the market, it automatically found all my previously downloaded Apps and asked if I wanted to download them all again. Most were free.
    Deluxe Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrTD View Post
    Actually I just got my Maxx and once I logged into the market, it automatically found all my previously downloaded Apps and asked if I wanted to download them all again. Most were free.
    It seems like a YMMV type of thing. But, here's what the help section of the Market says:

"Note: free applications are not saved to My Apps after you remove them."

So, if all of your apps, free and paid, were listed, you lucked out.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTD View Post
    Yeah, mine did not keep track of all my free apps. Had to remember and find them all again since I didn't write them down.
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

hey has anyone else ordered the maxx? i know it says it won't ship till the 13th but the not so smart phone rep said i would get mine in 2 days? lmao! i just called to check and the one i spoke to just said it would not ship till the 13th! should have know better than to listen to the other one! damn rookie! so i hope this phone is worth the wait and the hype?

It seems like a YMMV type of thing. But, here's what the help section of the Market says:

"Note: free applications are not saved to My Apps after you remove them."

So, if all of your apps, free and paid, were listed, you lucked out.
    That just means that free apps aren't saved if you uninstall them. If they were still installed on the previous phone then they will show up again under My Apps.
    Deluxe Member

Quote Originally Posted by socarwolverine View Post
    That just means that free apps aren't saved if you uninstall them. If they were still installed on the previous phone then they will show up again under My Apps.
    No they do not. Again, its a YMMV situation, but it doesn't happen for all of us. I had over 25 downloaded apps on my DInc, but when I switched, the only 3 that showed up were paid apps. Its possible that it will only transfer all apps if you stay with the same OEM (HTC to HTC, Moto to Moto, etc), which is a theory of mine. But, in my case, the Market (excuse me, the 'Play'...?) only saved my paid apps.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

I switched from a Dinc2, and all of my apps started uploading shortly after signing in to market. Free and paid. I don't recall doing any special backup.

No they do not. Again, its a YMMV situation, but it doesn't happen for all of us. I had over 25 downloaded apps on my DInc, but when I switched, the only 3 that showed up were paid apps. Its possible that it will only transfer all apps if you stay with the same OEM (HTC to HTC, Moto to Moto, etc), which is a theory of mine. But, in my case, the Market (excuse me, the 'Play'...?) only saved my paid apps.
    That may be the case, but I think it's different for the newer phones. Whenever I hard reset my DInc or activated a certified replacement, my situation was like yours, only the paid apps showed up again. But the MAXX has an option my DInc never had, and that's to back up application data to the Google servers, this was checked automatically, I didn't notice it til I started digging through the settings. The Dinc2 probably has this same option, which was left out of our original DIncs, allowing all of their apps to automatically be reloaded onto the new phone. That's just what I think, since it doesn't make sense to have a feature that would work for only some of the poeple some of the time at random.
    MA2GA28 likes this.

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

Yeah, only your paid apps will show up. Free ones don't unfortunately.

Consider using MyBackup Pro to copy APKs for all of your installed apps to a MicroSD card. Then install MyBackup Pro on your new phone, and run a restore.

I've used it to schedule automatic backups of my apps, call logs, SMS/MMS, system settings, home screens and personal dictionary every night at midnight.

It's one of the first apps I recommend to new Android users (along with the excellent Tasker).
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ok just got my new max, this thing is awesome! ok questions? i have apps i purchased, like tapatalk, so how do i get them onto my new phone? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gafool View Post
    hey has anyone else ordered the maxx? i know it says it won't ship till the 13th but the not so smart phone rep said i would get mine in 2 days? lmao! i just called to check and the one i spoke to just said it would not ship till the 13th! should have know better than to listen to the other one! damn rookie! so i hope this phone is worth the wait and the hype?
    Ordered mine from the VZW store last wednesday afternoon and got it yesterday morning. Activating it afterwork tonight. Read all over that they are a bit of a back ordered, which in my opinion is a good thing because that tells you that everyone recognizes how good this phone is and demand is high.

As for the gettng your apps, people have mentioned that you should being using Data Back up on your old phone and then Restore to your new one. Maybe that's the difference in getting them back or not. Not sure yet.

Settings/Privacy/Mobile Backup & Restore.

I will be trying that out for myself tonight.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rbess1965 View Post
    Ordered mine from the VZW store last wednesday afternoon and got it yesterday morning. Activating it afterwork tonight. Read all over that they are a bit of a back ordered, which in my opinion is a good thing because that tells you that everyone recognizes how good this phone is and demand is high.

As for the gettng your apps, people have mentioned that you should being using Data Back up on your old phone and then Restore to your new one. Maybe that's the difference in getting them back or not. Not sure yet.

Settings/Privacy/Mobile Backup & Restore.

I will be trying that out for myself tonight.
    If u know anyone else getting a Maxx have them order through Best Buy. Ordered mine Sunday and received it on Tuesday. Plus I think their customer service is much better!

As for those asking about apps transferring over... I have had a Droid in 12 months an wen I signed in it brought all my apps from my DINC over.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Just go here -

Click on my android apps near the top

Sign in using your usual Gmail sign in info

Everything you ever downloaded from the market will be there just click install on the ones you want and google sends them directly to your phone

Make sure your on wireless and no data time is used.
    Thanked by: