Help with 4g problem on my phone

tds1

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I just got the MAXX 2 days ago, however, it doesn't seem to be working properly. The first say it seemed to be fine. Today it is displaying 4G LTE, however, when I try to access the internet it display any webpage. I can switch back to 3G only and it works fine. Occasionally, the 4g will randomly start working. Tonight I was in LTE mode and it said I had an update available. I chose download but it didn't seem to be downloading at all. I then switched to 3G only and it is currently downloading.

I think I live in a strong 4g area. If there wasn't a 4g signal, why would the phone still display 4G LTE? Do I have a problem with the phone itself? Thanks for the help.

cmoore2004

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The update is supposed to improve 4G stability. Give it a try after the update and see if it improves.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Also, call your first line of defense the VZW tech support. And do it from a landline so they can check the phone as well.

tds1

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for their advice. Seems like the update did the trick. No problems at all today. It did switch from 4G to 3G at times, but the switching seemed fine and I was never without data access.

As an aside, I am loving the battery life of this phone. I am a light user (mostly quick calls and brief web surfing), currently at 90% remaining after 14 hours on battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance