Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hdhuntr
  • 1 Post By bradbaer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Best car mounts for RAZR MAXX?

My MAXX should be here soon & I will need a car mount for it. I do not want a windshield mount if I can help it.

What are some quality options?

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Best car mounts for RAZR MAXX?

My suggestion is the Nav dock from Motorola. It can mount on the windshield or your dash via the suction mount.
    -Corey

However, if you have it in a case, you'll have to remove the case first.

I've seen a lot of people using the Razr Nav Dock and removing the expansion back and supposedly it fits a maxx in a case okay that way.

You can get a cheap eBay mount that can mount to the windshield or sit on the dash via suction cup and it holds the phone with and without a case. Maybe something like this:

Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".

Quote Originally Posted by Bbeelzebub View Post
    I've seen a lot of people using the Razr Nav Dock and removing the expansion back and supposedly it fits a maxx in a case okay that way.
    I'm going to try that next week. The maxx dock is smaller lengthways than before

Edit: you mentioned the Maxx with a case, in which might work but depending on the case size. Sorry for misreading.

This for those with the razr maxx naked:

I'd advise to not to get the Razr mount and remove the backing. The fit is not great as it wiggles when you have it mounted. It is not tight and can fall out. The whole point is to have a tight fit so the alignment of the micro usb pin fits easily and smoothly. I returned my mount and got the maxx one. Pain to get the other accessories that comes in the razr mount and not the maxx like the dual charger and split audio and charger cable though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Frenzytom; 03-09-2012 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Correction

If you can find one, the Motorola Nav Dock is the only way to go, but they are hard to find right now. I have two vehicles and I have this in both. The only problem is that you cannot use a case on your phone with this dock.

As you can see here, Amazon says it's going to ship in 1-2 months. Amazon.com: Motorola SJ1652A DROID RAZR MAXX Vehicle Navigation Dock with Rapid Vehicle Charger - Non-Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Verizon doesn't even give an available date.

But, you don't want the Verizon one as it doesn't come with the cool Motorola charging cable that has the cool audio out plug.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Love Android! Proud owner of: LG G2 & Nexus 10
    Learning to live with my HTC One (M8)

As for using a Razr Mount for the Maxx, it doesn't work very well:

Love Android! Proud owner of: LG G2 & Nexus 10
    Learning to live with my HTC One (M8)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom View Post

This for those with the razr maxx naked:
    That was funny.

I am following this thread cause I'm looking too. BUT...I don't want one of those snaky things that hangs from the window.

sort of interests me.
    Galaxy S4
    XOOM
    Tab 2
    rootless

If you have a CD player, this I a great option: Amazon.com: Mountek CD Slot Mount MT5000-C, Universal Hands Free Car Mount for Cell Phones, Satellite Radios & GPS Devices: GPS & Navigation. I've been using one for about two months now and love it. And, since I travel frequently on business, it easily goes with me.

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

I think you have a tough time beating RAM mounts. For any of us that have mounted gps' and phones over the years, they'll have something that will work and you'll like. You can even call them! and they're responsive. Many mounting options...

I have a question based on this thread...I sere a lot of what appears to be aftermarket chargers. I was told that non OEM equipment will make the battery swell. If that happens, the warranty is voided.

I have been using aftermarket chargers (wall chargers) with the batteries on my DX and my wife's S2 and it only made the cheap, off-brand batteries swell.

Since we cannot remove the batteries from our Razr Maxx, does anyone feel there is a risk of aftermarket car chargers?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    754 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    If you can find one, the Motorola Nav Dock is the only way to go, but they are hard to find right now. I have two vehicles and I have this in both. The only problem is that you cannot use a case on your phone with this dock.

As you can see here, Amazon says it's going to ship in 1-2 months. Amazon.com: Motorola SJ1652A DROID RAZR MAXX Vehicle Navigation Dock with Rapid Vehicle Charger - Non-Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Verizon doesn't even give an available date.

But, you don't want the Verizon one as it doesn't come with the cool Motorola charging cable that has the cool audio out plug.
    " target="_blank">http://<a href="http://i870.photobuc...946866.jpg</a>
    I have purchased this mount and it includes this same audio plug. When I was using the SiriusXM application the audio was coming from the phone and not through the 3.5mm plug. Is there something that I need to do to enable this output? Thanks.

**never mind, it worked when I went out for lunch. Thanks.
    Last edited by Kash76; 11-14-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

Velcro...after many phones and hundreds of dollars,velcro is all i use now

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    Current: GN3&GN2 10.1/Prior:TP201/Xoom/Archos101/RAZR MAXX HD/RAZR MAXX/Evo3D/Evo4G/allSprintTreos&Recovering Pre user.
    revtech likes this.

Global Posts
    1,915 Global Posts

I don't know if it's the best, but I went with a mount that attaches to the CD opening. Works nice, never use a CD these days so good use for an otherwise unused space. You can find on Amazon or eBay, found it on eBay for $20 and free shipping. Universal so I can use our with my Maxx or wife's S3.

3M Dual Lock Reclosable Fastener
    revtech likes this.

ROM
    Droid 2.3.4 & TF700 4.0.3

For using the Maxx with a case on, get a Motrola Car dock for the Atrix HD. Then use a heat gun or possibly another method and heat up the two tabs at the oppsite end from the charger. Once heated a little, push on them evenly and bend them in a little.
    The RAZR MAXX with a case will fit great!
    My Razr Maxx with a Seido case fits great and is not loose at all.

What about the 3rd party car mounts? I noticed in the shopandroid.com store that there are plenty to choose from. What is the difference between the Motorola and the 3rd party? Besides the brand name of course.

- - - Updated - - -

What about the 3rd party car mounts? I noticed in the shopandroid.com store that there are plenty to choose from. What is the difference between the Motorola and the 3rd party? Besides the brand name of course.

- - - Updated - - -

For the Maxx with the more popular cases check out i have one for my Maxx with the Otterbox defender case and love it.
    Thanked by 2: