Best car mounts for RAZR MAXX?

Never-Enough

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
My MAXX should be here soon & I will need a car mount for it. I do not want a windshield mount if I can help it.

What are some quality options?

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
However, if you have it in a case, you'll have to remove the case first.

I've seen a lot of people using the Razr Nav Dock and removing the expansion back and supposedly it fits a maxx in a case okay that way.

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Edit: you mentioned the Maxx with a case, in which might work but depending on the case size. Sorry for misreading.

This for those with the razr maxx naked:

I'd advise to not to get the Razr mount and remove the backing. The fit is not great as it wiggles when you have it mounted. It is not tight and can fall out. The whole point is to have a tight fit so the alignment of the micro usb pin fits easily and smoothly. I returned my mount and got the maxx one. Pain to get the other accessories that comes in the razr mount and not the maxx like the dual charger and split audio and charger cable though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If you can find one, the Motorola Nav Dock is the only way to go, but they are hard to find right now. I have two vehicles and I have this in both. The only problem is that you cannot use a case on your phone with this dock.

As you can see here, Amazon says it's going to ship in 1-2 months. Amazon.com: Motorola SJ1652A DROID RAZR MAXX Vehicle Navigation Dock with Rapid Vehicle Charger - Non-Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Verizon doesn't even give an available date.
Verizon Wireless Search Results
But, you don't want the Verizon one as it doesn't come with the cool Motorola charging cable that has the cool audio out plug.
photobucket-1421-1329664946866.jpg
[/IMG]

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I think you have a tough time beating RAM mounts. For any of us that have mounted gps' and phones over the years, they'll have something that will work and you'll like. You can even call them! and they're responsive. Many mounting options...

FlVoiceGuy

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a question based on this thread...I sere a lot of what appears to be aftermarket chargers. I was told that non OEM equipment will make the battery swell. If that happens, the warranty is voided.

I have been using aftermarket chargers (wall chargers) with the batteries on my DX and my wife's S2 and it only made the cheap, off-brand batteries swell.

Since we cannot remove the batteries from our Razr Maxx, does anyone feel there is a risk of aftermarket car chargers?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you can find one, the Motorola Nav Dock is the only way to go, but they are hard to find right now. I have two vehicles and I have this in both. The only problem is that you cannot use a case on your phone with this dock.

As you can see here, Amazon says it's going to ship in 1-2 months. Amazon.com: Motorola SJ1652A DROID RAZR MAXX Vehicle Navigation Dock with Rapid Vehicle Charger - Non-Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Verizon doesn't even give an available date.
Verizon Wireless Search Results
But, you don't want the Verizon one as it doesn't come with the cool Motorola charging cable that has the cool audio out plug.
[url]http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab262/scottysize/photobucket-1421-1329664946866.jpg[/url]

I have purchased this mount and it includes this same audio plug. When I was using the SiriusXM application the audio was coming from the phone and not through the 3.5mm plug. Is there something that I need to do to enable this output? Thanks.

**never mind, it worked when I went out for lunch. Thanks.

Last edited:

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Velcro...after many phones and hundreds of dollars,velcro is all i use now

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it's the best, but I went with a mount that attaches to the CD opening. Works nice, never use a CD these days so good use for an otherwise unused space. You can find on Amazon or eBay, found it on eBay for $20 and free shipping. Universal so I can use our with my Maxx or wife's S3.

dbattenfl

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
For using the Maxx with a case on, get a Motrola Car dock for the Atrix HD. Then use a heat gun or possibly another method and heat up the two tabs at the oppsite end from the charger. Once heated a little, push on them evenly and bend them in a little.
The RAZR MAXX with a case will fit great!
My Razr Maxx with a Seido case fits great and is not loose at all.

droidnewbie2011

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What about the 3rd party car mounts? I noticed in the shopandroid.com store that there are plenty to choose from. What is the difference between the Motorola and the 3rd party? Besides the brand name of course.

- - - Updated - - -

What about the 3rd party car mounts? I noticed in the shopandroid.com store that there are plenty to choose from. What is the difference between the Motorola and the 3rd party? Besides the brand name of course.

- - - Updated - - -