Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fatboy97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My phone is dead....

Was at work and a few hours ago I was at 40% battery. Pulled the phone out of my pocket and nothing. It's as if the battery is completely dead. Plugged it into a car charger for 45 minutes now and still nothing. No response at all from the power button. Looks like I'm headed to the Verizon store later today. My luck strikes again, if there's a defective product made, it always finds its way to my door....

Default Re: My phone is dead....

Good Luck! Most Verizon stores don't have this phone in stock.

Try this... hold down the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power button, you need to hold them both down for about 10 seconds... this will force a reboot... if it's still alive.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    Thanked by:
    jnn2p 

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Try this... hold down the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power button, you need to hold them both down for about 10 seconds... this will force a reboot... if it's still alive.
    Yes, this has helped me before with other phones. "Force reboot."
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks, that brought it back to life. Wonder what went wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by VTX1800N1 View Post
    Thanks, that brought it back to life. Wonder what went wrong?
    Guessing.... but the first thing that I think of is apps... did you load any apps recently?
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    MA2GA28 likes this.
    Deluxe Member

Guessing.... but the first thing that I think of is apps... did you load any apps recently?
    What do you do for work? As the phone was in your pocket, could it have been a heat issue?

Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.

My phone did this same thing today. I had to recover with the soft reboot. No new apps.

My Maxx has done this once. The simulated battery pull listed earlier brought it back. My original Razr was dead back before Christmas and nothing would bring it back. I had to get a replacement phone from Verizon.
    Love Android! Proud owner of: LG G2 & Nexus 10
    Learning to live with my HTC One (M8)
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    What do you do for work? As the phone was in your pocket, could it have been a heat issue?
    Doubt it. Was in a cargo pocket and didn't feel warm.