Speaker Phone Sucks - Raxr Maxx
12-19-2012 01:49 PM
- I have the Razr Maxx, in an Otter Box Case and the speaker phone sucks, However, if your playing a game or on Skype, the speaker will blow you out of the car or room. I have spoken to the people at Verizon who have blamed motorola for this problem and it seems it is one that can't be fixed, from the information I am getting. In the past, I have been use to dialing up someone and putting the phone on the dash and being able to speak to them and I could hear them. With the Razr Maxx, when driving I can only move the phone about 6 inches away in order to hear it. Seems many others have the same problem.03-10-2012 07:11 AM
- MA2GA28Deluxe MemberI haven't found that to be an issue at all. Speaker phone comes through clear and crisp. I will say it isn't as loud as, say, the volume I have set for media, but it does the job. Even if my phone is on the table and I'm walking around the kitchen, its loud enough, so not sure what's wrong with your device.
IF there is a problem with multiple handsets with speaker phone volume is low compared to other speaker sound (ringtones, music, etc), that sounds like a software issue to me and can most likely be corrected with an OTA. So, if VZW is aware (sounds like they are), I'm sure Moto is as well, and they'll correct it if they can.03-10-2012 08:33 AM
- B. DiddySenior AmbassadorNot sure if this will help, but you could try fiddling with the Media Effects setting for the speaker. Maybe if you set it to be optimized for speech, it might come out better? The other thing is that the speaker seems to get muffled easily if something blocks it (i.e., if it's lying on its back). If you're in the car, maybe you could make sure that the speaker isn't obstructed, perhaps by laying it on its screen?03-10-2012 10:50 AM
- Thank you for all of you suggestions and comments. I have gotten use to taking my old dumb phone, calling someone and putting my phone on the dash board and continue to drive, It was loud enough for everyone in the car to hear what was being said. Now, with the smart phone, I do think the otter box case has anything to do with it. But it is not any louder on the speaker side as it is with only the ear speaker. Car is a 2004 and not equiped with bluetooth, my next one will. Just thought with the states out loawing hand held cell phones when driving that the speaker phones would be used much more and would have come up to date with sound and clairty. Not sure if I can sink my radio station with the phone without bluetooth.03-10-2012 06:25 PM
- I'm not a sales person and I am not endorsing anyones product, but have you tried a Bluetooth attachment designed to be use in a car? For example: "The easier way to talk hands-free while driving
The Jabra CRUISER2 Bluetooth™ in-car speakerphone makes hands-free in-car calls even easier. To start with, its voice gives you simple pairing instructions the first time you turn it on. After that you just put it on your sun-visor and it will connect automatically with your mobile every time. It will also synchronise with your phonebook. The Jabra CRUISER2 will then say the names of the contacts in your phonebook when they call. And when you answer, Noise Blackout™ technology and a dual microphone system ensure the conversation always sounds just right. The Jabra CRUISER2 looks right in any car and its carefully positioned buttons make it exceptionally easy to operate. You won’t run out of charge because its voice will tell you when it needs more power. It is also equipped with an FM Transmitter and A2DP, which allow you to stream your music from your phone to the car stereo. With the Jabra CRUISER2 you stay in control of the conversation without taking your hands off the wheel."03-11-2012 06:11 AM
- For about $10 to $15 you can go to Wal Mart and go to the radio section and find a FM transmitter. You plug it in to the headphone jack and select the desired station like 88.7 and you can Listen to your music and your phone calls come thru the radio. You will still need the phone near so your voice can be picked up by the microphones.03-12-2012 07:08 AM
- I agree with the OP on the speaker phone not being the best when on a call. Seems it lacks significantly over the DX2, or D3 I was familiar with. However, as the OP also stated, when playing games, or doing anything else with the phone, the speaker is just fine?? Interesting.03-12-2012 03:22 PM
- I totally agree with the phone speakers problem.
I have recently purchased the MOTOROLA RAZR MAXX. When I went home I started to explore the new device. I called my brother in Germany using the SKYPE, I was very happy to tell him that I purchased the MOTO RAZR. But I was astonished when the call went very bad. Speakers (earphone and loud speakers) were sucking. It looked that there was something was sucking at the end of each word that made me stop the call skype conversation.
I reported immediately the issue to the dealer (Motorola agency TECHNOCARE) who did not give any attention to the issue and kept the device at his shop for one week or more (as I did not take the device back yet). Instead of reporting the issue to Motorola for investigation and improve the device for better future of the company, he started to accuse Motorola for the bad design and manufacturing, plus they are concerned to find out solutions for such problems as this just phone device and it shall not support third party software such as skype.
I do not know why do we go for Smart Phones? Is it just to make normal phone calls only or to download softwares and use them.
Then and only then, I could believe why thousands of other brands like Nokia, Samsung against one Motorola device being sold in a day. Motorola sales bench at shop centers are almost empty while other brands benches are crowded with customers. because the after sales service and support is very weak at Motorola.
I can send the emails between me and Motorola Customer to anybody who wants to see.
MOTOROLA IS NOT CLOSED TO CUSTOMERS>>> IT LEFT DEALERS AND AGENTS TO DEAL WITH PEOPLE.
+97150640063312-19-2012 01:49 PM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Droid RAZR MAXX
Speaker Phone Sucks - Raxr Maxx
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD