1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Cool Transfer Everything from my Droid X2 to Razr Maxx

I will be getting my Razr Maxx today and want to know the easiest way to get everything from my X2 to the Razr Maxx.

Kinda like procedures for dummies.

ROM
    Unroot Stock JB 98.72.16

Default Re: Transfer Everything from my Droid X2 to Razr Maxx

im going to assume your unrooted here...

move as many apps to SD card as possible... get app2sd to help you with this... system apps and apps that use system data cannot be moved... sorry... this helps cause all data and settings of the app will be saved to the sd card.

next... i would hook up dx2 to pc via usb mass storage mode... copy/paste everything to desktop of computer....

next... hook up razr maxx via usb mass storage mode... RAZR will be a tad different. You'll have 2 drives that will pop up in My Computer... INT and EXT... INT is the internal 8GB memory. EXT is the SD card of the RAZR. To be on the safe side, copy/paste everything from the desktop that you got from the dx2 to the INT drive of the RAZR....

as for your apps... re download them.. Market should automatically do this when you activate the RAZR under the same gmail account you used on the dx2. The settings saved on the sd card that your transferred to the razr above will automatically fal into place. IF the apps do not auto download, go to , log into the gmail account you used for the dx2, go to my library, and all apps you ever downloaded in history will be here... just re-install them.

as for contacts... i use Google. So any android phone will get my contact data when I log into my gmail account on it and sync it. There are many many many other ways to transfer contacts, like Verizon mobile backup, market apps, etc...

as for your texts... again, many apps to help you with this.

good luck
    If I helped you, then please hit the "Thanks" and/or "Like" button(s). I like to know I'm not just here for amusement.
    **1998** Nokia 6160 > Samsung Color VGA1000 > Samsung T209 > Samsung SGH867 Eternity > Samsung I8000 Omnia 2 > Motorola MB810 Droid X > Motorola XT912 DROID RAZR **2013**
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Transfer Everything from my Droid X2 to Razr Maxx

Hello! This was somewhat helpful to me too as I just upgraded from a droidx2 to Maxx HD. I am still totally confused about transferring the contacts. I registered with my same gmail account, but my phone contacts are not there. I see a bunch of options to add contacts from my facebook, hotmail and msn accounts, but that gives me much more than I wanted to add and still some of the other contacts are not there. Is there any "easier way"?
    Thanks!
    Glori