1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default posting on forums with Razr not working.

So every time I try to post something on a forum the submit/post button works but the post won't actually post. The option will just stay highlighted without actually posting. What the is going on? The only way to fix this is to restart my phone.

I had to restart my damn phone just to post this. Do I have to get this phone replaced? Any fixes? Is it a problem with the OS that Motorola is taking too damned long to upgrade?

Default Re: posting on forums with Razr not working.

I tried that earlier I'm using my maxxx also and didn't work. Hope this gets thorough

Have you tried using the "AC Forums Mobile" skin thats in the drop down right below the quick reply box? That's what I use and it works all the time.

I've posted numerous times from my Maxx... my question would be: What are you using??? Browser??? If on the Browser, are you looking at the Mobile version (m.) or full version (forums.)??? Or are you using Tapatalk???

Typically, I use the Browser and just bookmark the full version.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    Deluxe Member

Happened to me once too, so I just decided to not post on the forums from my phone. Hit post and it did nothing except sit on that screen for 10 minutes. Seems like an issue with the stock browser or with the way it 'plays' with the site. I also don't like that the stock browser doesn't 'fit to screen' with text on webpages and such. My DInc would, and I do miss that.

Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Well the forums I go to don't have mobile versions and I'm using the stock browser.

Quote Originally Posted by CannedBullets View Post
    Well the forums I go to don't have mobile versions and I'm using the stock browser.
    Are you talking about this forum, or some other forum and how it works with the Stock Browser??? If you are talking about some other forum, you might want to post your comments to that forum... I believe this forum works just fine on the stock browser, in either the mobile (m.) or full (forums.) version.
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper

Yeah, I mentioned the mobile version as a solution to this forum, but I havent had this problem with any forum. It sounds forum specific to me.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by socarwolverine View Post
    Yeah, I mentioned the mobile version as a solution to this forum, but I havent had this problem with any forum. It sounds forum specific to me.
    Well it usually happens to me on the bungie.net forums, this forum (even with the mobile version), and the Bioware forums. Would getting a different browser alleviate the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by CannedBullets View Post
    Well it usually happens to me on the bungie.net forums, this forum (even with the mobile version), and the Bioware forums. Would getting a different browser alleviate the problem?
    Well, then that is weird, cause I'm on this forum (...obviously) and I'm on the Bioware forums and I haven't had this problem.

Did you try clear all??? Browser > Menu > More > Settings > under "Privacy settings" click on "Clear cache," and "Clear History," and "Clear form data", but I'd prefer "Clear all" if you think there might be a Browser issue.
    Flames Wallpaper