Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Issue- Not turning on

Today when i took my new (2 days) maxx out of pocket it was off.. I tried to turn it back on and nothing happened. i went to the verizon store and they said to call customer service for a replacement device. i called the 611 number and they connected me to technical service..
    They told me they are aware of this problem that razr being not able to turn back on from sleep mode and asked me to push down " volume down button and power button.. " after like 15 secs the phone came back on once i released the buttons..
    I wonder anyone had this issue with their phones... ??

Hope one of you will find this info useful..
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Issue- Not turning on

Only one person I'm aware of... I gave him the same advice and he was back up quickly.

Personally, I have never seen the issue with mine.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    Deluxe Member

I've now heard three instances. 2 on this board, and one a friend of a friend to whom I passed on Fatboy's remedy too, which worked as well.

I assume this is an issue they'll be correcting with a future OTA.

I had it happen to me this morning. For the first time since getting the phone I let it drain to dead and then charged it overnight. Turned it on this a.m., went about my business and when I got to work it wouldn't turn on. Interestingly my Smart Action for my car was malfunctioning as well. I could only manually turn it on or off...I couldn't get it to go back to "ready" mode. I did the reset on my phone and then later I turned the car smart action back on so the proper connections/things could happen. It's all been working as expected since.

This happened on my RAZR a while back. Haven't had the issue show up since.

This has happened to my MAXX 3 times in the past two weeks, fixed it same way as you did.

Not happened here yet, good to know the fix tho.

ROM
    Unroot Stock JB 98.72.16

Not yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    If I helped you, then please hit the "Thanks" and/or "Like" button(s). I like to know I'm not just here for amusement.
    **1998** Nokia 6160 > Samsung Color VGA1000 > Samsung T209 > Samsung SGH867 Eternity > Samsung I8000 Omnia 2 > Motorola MB810 Droid X > Motorola XT912 DROID RAZR **2013**
    Deluxe Member

Just happened to me this morning for the first time. I hope they fix it in a future OTA.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

It happened to me yesterday. The volume and power button worked for me. No other issues before that or after.

On my RAZR it happens. I just wait a while. And press and hold the power button and it just turns on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

This happens to my maxx. I already had it replaced once but it keeps happening... was someone able to fix this problem???

Thanksss!

I just got my razr maxx 2 days ago and it was working fine as well.. Today I get to work it goes to sleep and i can't get it to come back on. Thought that maybe the battery didn't get a good charge overnight so I plugged it up and tried turning it back on, NOTHING! I was heading back to the store but thought that I would check here first. Tried your suggestion and it worked like a charm. I hope this isn't going to be a reacurring thing!! Thanx