How To Resolve Lag?

MrVeda

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I read the thread on Browser Lag but anyone also suffering with Lag in general OS functions? That means moving from phone to text, back to phone then search contact etc? When selecting the Phone icon, it just stalls for about 3-5 seconds and then searching a contact is slow or moving back to another App.

This just started today for no reason - no new Apps downloaded or any other change. Tried re booting three times but still no difference. Also the battery started draining much faster and device got warm.

Over a week ago i had to perform a factory reset to 'fix' my painfully slow searches in Contacts and was resolved as soon as the phone was wiped.

Just wondering if this is a one off experience or anyone else noticing the lag increasing in their day to day use? Not sure if this is software or hardware related. I average 2 hours of calls a day, receive and reply to about 100 Emails and about 50 texts - not much else used.

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Have not had any lag yet this is only my third day with the phone tho. I could live with the lag because the battery life is so great

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
No thanks. I can do without the inflexibility, small screen, bloated and slow Itunes, and batsh!t-crazy-sue-everybody-stifle-innovation-and-competition Apple attitude, thank you very much.:p

Bloated Is incorrect but I agree with pretty much everything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't care about the mindset of the Apple corporation.. I care about the product. iTunes isn't slow and bloated.. lol, it's the best media player and system out there. small screen.. yes.. true.. but it's a good device to workout with when u want music, and it's a great size for pockets. Inflexibility.. all it takes is to 'jailbreak' it, and you can do virtually anything with it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My experience with iTunes on a Windows PC is that it's hella slow. It often takes about 15 seconds to fully start up (and yes, I keep my hard drive optimized and running background programs to a minimum). I'm sure iTunes works much better on a Mac, but I don't have one of those. I often wonder if Apple purposely makes iTunes slower and clunkier on PCs to make a point.

Does jailbreaking an iPhone invalidate its warranty, just as rooting an Android phone does? There's also been some rumbling about how jailbreaking may ultimately become illegal ...

I'm not denying that the iPhone is a fantastically designed piece of tech. It just isn't for me, that's all.

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
jailbreaking does void the warranty.. but after a factory reset.. there is no trace of it ever happening.. if u need to bring it in, etc. but yeah.. same as rooting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci