Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Default Re: Razr Maxx - Battery Life

That's about what I get as well (1d 8h w 30%) when my MAXX is connected to wifi both at home and at work w similar usage as hazelgreen. I don't care for maximizing the battery for 4 or 5 days with things turned off, brightness dimmed, etc.

Just being able to go thru a day w normal usage without having to plug in during the middle of the day is why I bought the MAXX.
    bradenfontaine and revtech like this.

New Maxx owner here.

Yesterday was my first day with my phone with full charge. After 17hrs 58min I still had 28% battery. That's PLENTY good enough for me. All my background sync was on. 4 email addresses, multiple texts, FaceBook, 45 min of YouTube, streaming music, etc. I was impressed that the OS and screen were about the same useage numbers. Usually, the screen was 3 times more than anything else on my Rezound. I keep my brightness on auto and I was a mixture of WiFi and 4G all day.

And it's going to get better after 3-5 full charge cycles (from "empty" - 10-15%).

I wish everyone would start listing their 'Screen On' or 'Display' times along with the total time since the phone came off the charger.

I can get more than 1 Day, also, if I don't use the dang thing!

21 hours 42 minutes
    3 hours 48 minutes screen on
    Auto brightness
    No 4g in my area 3g only
    Smart actions kill data when screen off

Oops sorry forgot battery at 51% left.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.
    Thanked by 2:
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Boom...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Razr Maxx - Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1341022866487.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Can I assume that you have the ICS update?
    bradenfontaine likes this.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by tcbeard View Post
    Can I assume that you have the ICS update?
    update? idk, think im still on .211, which is Android 4.0.4 (ICS)

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts

Just got the maxx Friday. So far not impressed with battery at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Razr Maxx - Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1343084499516.jpg  

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bgl321 View Post
    Just got the maxx Friday. So far not impressed with battery at all.

Love everything else though.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metz65 View Post
    And there is the answer to all the unrest in this thread.

This is just my opinion, but personally I could care less if Moe gets 70 hours per charge Larry gets 45 and poor old curly only gets 30.

You are never going to get a thread on here to define average battery life because average use is to many different things.

There are way to many variables on battery use to beat yourself up if you only got 24 hours before charging. 3G, 4G or wifi? How are your smart actions set up? How many hours was you screen on, did you stream music, how many phone calls did you make? Do you use live wallpaper or a solid black background, do you auto sync? Add in another 100 im not including or forgetting and you can see the madness and total randomness average involves.

I had a Nexus before this phone and was charging or switching batteries 3 and 4 times a day, so you will have to forgive me for finding humor in a thread where people are pounding the hell out of their phone all day and ONLY getting 24 or 32 hours per charge.

No other phone comes close to what this delivers in battery life, some people would kill for 24 hours, be happy with the run time you get for how you use the phone, not how Moe, Larry and Curly use it.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.
    Does using wifi drain the battery less than using 4G?

Does using wifi drain the battery less than using 4G?

Yes 3g is better than 4g and wifi is better than both on battery

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    bgl321 

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    Yes 3g is better than 4g and wifi is better than both on battery

Do you have to turn off the 3g and 4g or does that take care of itself just by turning on wifi?

Do you have to turn off the 3g and 4g or does that take care of itself just by turning on wifi?

I had a smart action setup so when wifi was enabled that data would be disabled. Only downside is to send or receive MMS u need the data on. Wifi is much better. 3g only I could get around 2.5 hrs on screen wifi I could get about 4-4.5 hrs . 4g was about 1.5 hrs that's just my personal experience though

Thanked by:
    bgl321 
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

give it about a week for it to "settle in".
    Thanked by:
    bgl321 
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #91  

Update - SmartActions:

I had been using SmartActions to turn off Background Sync at night. I had Wifi turned on 24/7, but found out from Motorola that turning off background sync will not stop emails if Wifi is turned on.

Suggestion: Turn off Background Sync, Wifi, disable Cellular data, and Silent Ringtone to get a good night's sleep.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

With GB i used to get 1 hour 45 minuts with 10% of battery with moderate use and now with ICS its 46 minuts with 10% i really hope moto pushes an update for it soon cuz only reason i bought this mobile was battery

Sent from The Great RZR MAXX
    Thanked by:
    bgl321 
    bgl321 likes this.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

the bigger display, faster 4g (compared to 3g), and animations ICS brings is going to eat into a battery... no matter the size.
    Just some hobo with a phone
    Thanked by:
    bgl321 

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

I am new to the Razr Maxx, and Android for that matter, and am having a battery/charging problem that I can't figure out. I have had the phone about 3 weeks and have charged it many times. I always charge it overnight while I am sleeping. Twice i have woke up and the battery was at 50% although it was on the charger all night. I can't figure out why it does this. Is there an internal setting anywhere that would stop the charging at 50% or is there a chance the battery is discharging after being on the charger for an extended period of time. Any help is appreciated.

No there is no option like that
    I suggest you update to ics if your using GB and if ur in ics then do a factory reset and dont forgt to backup

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

make sure you are using the charger that came with your Razr, also try a different outlet.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

On my Droid Razr Maxx - xt912 - upgraded to ICS 4.0.4 from GB 2.3.2 (never had to reset the phone once since ICS upgrade)

Battery Life since applying many of these fine suggestions is somewhere between 36 to 48 hours between recharges... but....

Smart Actions is a fine tool and better than 3rd party apps to reduce background power consumption. Learn how to use it 'cause it's worth it.

Most of the activity on my phone is for seeing/reading email, answering or making phone calls (3 to 7 per day; 30 - 120 minutes), using / referring to my calendar, or within email, going to a website, opening attachments or two to see the scoop on the info sent to me; occassionally listen to iheart radio for about an hour during the day for news, weather and talk show, or listen to my music ( 1 - 2 hours) onboard-via bluetooth headset...and that's about it... No Games or streaming videos, unless it's on a website (you tube) etc... This has been for about two weeks now and no downside issues I can note... 2d 1h 4m 53s on battery... Later Bye!
    Thanked by:

About 3 hours screen time...

Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".

About 4.45 minuts of screen on time and 1.30 death trigger

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Razr Maxx - Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1344090324800.jpg  
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

I just think this is beautiful

sent from the fingers of a madman
    BradenFontaine@gmail.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Razr Maxx - Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1344510559648.jpg  
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast