Razr Maxx - Battery Life

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Just got the maxx Friday. So far not impressed with battery at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
And there is the answer to all the unrest in this thread.

This is just my opinion, but personally I could care less if Moe gets 70 hours per charge Larry gets 45 and poor old curly only gets 30.

You are never going to get a thread on here to define average battery life because average use is to many different things.

There are way to many variables on battery use to beat yourself up if you only got 24 hours before charging. 3G, 4G or wifi? How are your smart actions set up? How many hours was you screen on, did you stream music, how many phone calls did you make? Do you use live wallpaper or a solid black background, do you auto sync? Add in another 100 im not including or forgetting and you can see the madness and total randomness average involves.

I had a Nexus before this phone and was charging or switching batteries 3 and 4 times a day, so you will have to forgive me for finding humor in a thread where people are pounding the hell out of their phone all day and ONLY getting 24 or 32 hours per charge.

No other phone comes close to what this delivers in battery life, some people would kill for 24 hours, be happy with the run time you get for how you use the phone, not how Moe, Larry and Curly use it.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.

Does using wifi drain the battery less than using 4G?

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes 3g is better than 4g and wifi is better than both on battery

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Do you have to turn off the 3g and 4g or does that take care of itself just by turning on wifi?

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Do you have to turn off the 3g and 4g or does that take care of itself just by turning on wifi?

I had a smart action setup so when wifi was enabled that data would be disabled. Only downside is to send or receive MMS u need the data on. Wifi is much better. 3g only I could get around 2.5 hrs on screen wifi I could get about 4-4.5 hrs . 4g was about 1.5 hrs that's just my personal experience though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: bgl321

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Update - SmartActions:

I had been using SmartActions to turn off Background Sync at night. I had Wifi turned on 24/7, but found out from Motorola that turning off background sync will not stop emails if Wifi is turned on.

Suggestion: Turn off Background Sync, Wifi, disable Cellular data, and Silent Ringtone to get a good night's sleep.

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
With GB i used to get 1 hour 45 minuts with 10% of battery with moderate use and now with ICS its 46 minuts with 10% i really hope moto pushes an update for it soon cuz only reason i bought this mobile was battery

Sent from The Great RZR MAXX

Reactions: bgl321

beach447

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the Razr Maxx, and Android for that matter, and am having a battery/charging problem that I can't figure out. I have had the phone about 3 weeks and have charged it many times. I always charge it overnight while I am sleeping. Twice i have woke up and the battery was at 50% although it was on the charger all night. I can't figure out why it does this. Is there an internal setting anywhere that would stop the charging at 50% or is there a chance the battery is discharging after being on the charger for an extended period of time. Any help is appreciated.

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
No there is no option like that
I suggest you update to ics if your using GB and if ur in ics then do a factory reset and dont forgt to backup

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: beach447

Ssands1

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
On my Droid Razr Maxx - xt912 - upgraded to ICS 4.0.4 from GB 2.3.2 (never had to reset the phone once since ICS upgrade)

Battery Life since applying many of these fine suggestions is somewhere between 36 to 48 hours between recharges... but....

Smart Actions is a fine tool and better than 3rd party apps to reduce background power consumption. Learn how to use it 'cause it's worth it.

Most of the activity on my phone is for seeing/reading email, answering or making phone calls (3 to 7 per day; 30 - 120 minutes), using / referring to my calendar, or within email, going to a website, opening attachments or two to see the scoop on the info sent to me; occassionally listen to iheart radio for about an hour during the day for news, weather and talk show, or listen to my music ( 1 - 2 hours) onboard-via bluetooth headset...and that's about it... No Games or streaming videos, unless it's on a website (you tube) etc... This has been for about two weeks now and no downside issues I can note... 2d 1h 4m 53s on battery... Later Bye!

Last edited:
Reactions: bradenfontaine

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
About 3 hours screen time...

Screenshot_2012-08-03-06-04-44.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member