Smart Actions VIP Caller won't work...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have tried numerous times and even rebooted my device but I can't get the VIP Caller List to work correctly. I'm setting the actions to automatically disable the ringer and only vibrate upon insertion to any dock. I set a VIP list to ring on MAX and yet those callers within the list follow the same profile as those not in the list --- vibrate.

Any ideas as to why the VIP doesn't work? I tried to choose a specific type of dock, set it based on time, location, etc, and still nothing. Its getting frustrating and I'm about to give up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Try this... Main screen > Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All tab > Smart Actions > Clear data... this will reset some of your data and settings, but not everything... I did this and it kept my time changes for my Night, Locations and My Rules, but it might mess up your Rules... so you will need to check all your settings.

If that doesn't work... you might want to check in the Motorola Razr and Razr Maxx Forum... they have a Smart Actions Community.

Reactions: Eclipse2K

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Try this... Main screen > Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All tab > Smart Actions > Clear data... this will reset some of your data and settings, but not everything... I did this and it kept my time changes for my Night, Locations and My Rules, but it might mess up your Rules... so you will need to check all your settings.

If that doesn't work... you might want to check in the Motorola Razr and Razr Maxx Forum... they have a Smart Actions Community.

That works but during my tests, the VIP callers will STOP working once a non VIP caller calls. Stupid phone...

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I too have the same problem with the VIP ringer, in smart app, I thought it was only me though. Guess I am not alone on this one.

I spoke with my friend who just purchased a MAXX and his phone also acts up with the VIP Caller list as soon as a caller outside of this list calls. I tested this myself by calling with a VIP number 5 times with no errors. Once I dialed as a restricted number, from the same phone, it vibrated on ANY number whether it was VIP or not.

Smart Actions

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried updating to the latest version on the marketplace? latest version?2.1.2.0.

==============
To fix, try deleting the rule, recreate it, then test. If that doesn't fix it, you can always clear the cache, but this is much more agressive and you will lose your custom rules.?
"Clear Data" by going to Settings>Applications>Manage applications and tap on the SmartActions app.?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried updating to the latest version on the marketplace? latest version?2.1.2.0.

==============
To fix, try deleting the rule, recreate it, then test. If that doesn't fix it, you can always clear the cache, but this is much more agressive and you will lose your custom rules.?
"Clear Data" by going to Settings>Applications>Manage applications and tap on the SmartActions app.?

I had issues with some of the previous versions... so I had removed them back to the one that came with the device... but this newest version seems to be working right now, and it does have the ability to turn on/off wifi by location :D

After clearing the data described above I did have to check and setup all my personal actions.

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Hell I think the smart actions actually eat the battery up.....been trying to use them but every time I check what has been using the battery smart actions is all ways in second place, got it turned off now.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Hell I think the smart actions actually eat the battery up.....been trying to use them but every time I check what has been using the battery smart actions is all ways in second place, got it turned off now.

Interesting statement... but not much about what it is your smart actions are doing... what rules, what triggers, what actions???

My current battery usage doesn't even have smart actions on the list... 8 hrs usage and 92% battery life, but none of my actions have actually fired. I have a sleep and a work action.

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I had one set for Daytime, phone silenced except for VIP callers. Display was at like 40% battery usage and the smart actions app was at like 20%.

Going to try them out a little bit more, just thought it was strange when I looked at the battery usage stats and saw it was using that much.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I had one set for Daytime, phone silenced except for VIP callers. Display was at like 40% battery usage and the smart actions app was at like 20%.

Going to try them out a little bit more, just thought it was strange when I looked at the battery usage stats and saw it was using that much.

Display at 40%... Smart Actions at 20%... and what is your overall battery life at that time, and total up time??? 20% doesn't seem that bad considering it's working and has to monitor's call status.

After all, this is not really a battery saving method that you setup... it's more of what I'd call a way of limiting your calls during the daytime.

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Got one set now to turn off GPS and background sync when screen off and not charging. Will watch it through the day and see what it does. Basically the battery saver one that is a suggestion to use.

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok here are the stats, 40% battery, 6hr 28min off charger.

Display 33%
Smart Actions 28%
winamp 17%

Smart actions also used 1hr 48min CPU time. Smart actions set to battery saver and nighttime. Winamp was used for over 3 hours listening to music. Also been on wifi all day and not using 4gand never left home.

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
And trust me I love my maxx, would have all ready charged my old dx 3 times all ready today, just find it strange that the smart actions is using that much.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried updating to the latest version on the marketplace? latest version 2.1.2.0.

==============
To fix, try deleting the rule, recreate it, then test. If that doesn't fix it, you can always clear the cache, but this is much more agressive and you will lose your custom rules. 
"Clear Data" by going to Settings>Applications>Manage applications and tap on the SmartActions app. 

Same issues still. :(

Sent from my XOOM 2 using Tapatalk

ex291er

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
VIP Caller won't work properly...

SGH-I727R, Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE.

Android v. 4.1.2

Kernel v. 3.0.31-885181 SE.INFRA@Sep-127 #1
SMP PREEMT Wed Jan 30
20:06:41 KST 2013

Build Number JZO54K.I727RUXUMA7

*VIP use to work great but since a recent Firmware Update, it hasn't worked properly since. Although VIP recognizes a caller on the List, it will only ring through on FORCE setting. On FORCE, SMS notifications do not sound! But they do sound if VIP is set to NO FORCE. So, I am only able to hear notifications from one or the other, not both like it did before.

I recently notified the author by email and was not satisfied with the response I got. I was told it was not their app and they wouldn't help further. Maybe they'll wake up and fix their app now that I have posted here!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz