1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question How do I open the sim card door? :/

This is a ridiculous question, I know, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to open the sim card door on my new Razr Maxx. Is there some trick to getting the door open?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Default Re: How do I open the sim card door? :/

It can be a little tough, but just get your fingernail in the little slot and pull down. The door swings out.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks B. Diddy. I managed to get it open by using the back end of a plastic fork to nudge the slot downwards, and then jamming my nail into the small gap that appeared.

I'm not sure why I had so much trouble in the first place...it could be because my nails are sort of long already.

Yikes! Hopefully you didn't do any damage to the door or to your nail.

I get nervous everytime I have to open the sim door.

I know what you mean. One false move, and >snap!< Maxx ain't so pretty no more.

No joke...I want to throw the phone across the room trying to get this &*^% door open..For the life of me I can't get it opened...and I am deathly afraid of using anything too sharp to try and do it...My nails are too thick and just manicured yesterday so I am trying to protect my nails and my phone..I am going to have to take it to the store and have them open it...Any other hints?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnie Harvey View Post
    No joke...I want to throw the phone across the room trying to get this &*^% door open..For the life of me I can't get it opened...and I am deathly afraid of using anything too sharp to try and do it...My nails are too thick and just manicured yesterday so I am trying to protect my nails and my phone..I am going to have to take it to the store and have them open it...Any other hints?
    I gently use a credit card style of card.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I gently use a credit card style of card.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanks for the idea but it's not working for me...It's not helping that it's late and I have somewhere to go tomorrow morning...Good thing once it's opened and everything installed, it won't get opened for a long time...Not gonna lie...I'm slightly irritated and pissed...lol...Now I have to put the old phone back together so I can have a phone again...

try being a man with no fingernails at all! frustrating to say the least. I used a small knife with a sharp point and was really careful not to damage it or lose a finger or two but it worked

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

Try this: After putting your fingernail in the slot, don't try to pull the door out at first. Instead, push the door towards the rear of the phone, as if you were trying to slide it open rather than swing it open. The door latches closed because of two small tabs, so if you slide the door a bit to the rear of the phone, those tabs will clear more easily.

I hope that made sense.

Luckily for me, I don't have this problem anymore. The door does not shut all the way on my refurbished phone, so it is a breeze to open. And my case keeps it blocked and shut so I don't worry about it snapping off.