ICS coming out on April 4th to Razr and Razr Maxx

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Unless someone did some amazing photoshop job on the photo of the screen, I think it might be legit. But think about this at the same time. Best Buy did issue out an apology for the HTC One X release date to the folks that pre-ordered when it indicated an earlier date.

Just food for thought.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't you know it! I just returned my razr maxx today. Wasn't really that impressed with it. I liked it, but I'd rather wait for some of the newer phones coming out pretty soon. Having ics might have made me keep the maxx. I just wasn't convinced that moto was going to get ics on these razr phones anytime soon.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I think will be cool to have it because it will be something new but I worry that it will bring new challenges to what has been a very reliable phone so far. I doubt all apps are ready for it and I haven t seen an update that hasn't come with new issues. I just hope theyre ready.

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
This comes out the 4th.. but my upgrade special deal is available on the 2nd ONLY.

I want ICS.. but i'd rather have it on the RAZR.. but if I pick the maxx and on the 4th.. no ICS is here.. i will be heartbroken.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I will wait until they have root for it and wait until more apps are updated for the Razr and ICS. Just because it works with ICS doesn't mean it will work with the Razr and Blur.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I think will be cool to have it because it will be something new but I worry that it will bring new challenges to what has been a very reliable phone so far. I doubt all apps are ready for it and I haven t seen an update that hasn't come with new issues. I just hope theyre ready.

App developers have been developing on the 4.0 platform for a while now. You won't see much incompatibility really. Where you will find issues with is the stock software that moto uses in motoblur. Not to mention the bloatware that comes included. I'm just hoping that with the release, there will be more stable ICS ROMS to install.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I will wait until they have root for it and wait until more apps are updated for the Razr and ICS. Just because it works with ICS doesn't mean it will work with the Razr and Blur.

Keep in mind, one of the biggest things Google preached about with ICS is the closure for software fragmentation.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Motoblur is Motorola's custom user interface. I think they try to call it Motorola Application Platform now, but it will always be Blur to me.

Last edited:

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I love both devices to be perfectly honest. But the big problem with Motorola is that they release device upgrades pretty often. Now the next big item from them is the DROID Fighter. And there are some screenshots of a possible Bionic 2. Case in point is the Bionic to the RAZR to the RAZR MAXX.... in how long, a matter of 4 months? That is pretty ridiculous.

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
i agree with that, and like i've said in another part of the forum.. Motorola phones really don't hold their value at all.. Iphones might be the only devices that can still be resold for a respectable price.

Nexus as well, now. Kind of.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I love both devices to be perfectly honest. But the big problem with Motorola is that they release device upgrades pretty often. Now the next big item from them is the DROID Fighter. And there are some screenshots of a possible Bionic 2. Case in point is the Bionic to the RAZR to the RAZR MAXX.... in how long, a matter of 4 months? That is pretty ridiculous.

The razr will be at least six months old before the fighter is released.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX