Notification Sounds

BB9650

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking all over, but I can't seem to find a way to make different sounds for different email accounts and text messages. Can someone point me in the right direction? Do I need an APP or is there a way to do it from the stock os somewhere?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I use the stock Gmail app... open the app into any account listing your emails > Menu > More > Settings > select an account > scroll down to the bottom and select "Labels to notify" > Inbox > Ringtone > then select a ringtone.

Text messages... I use and have liked to use Go SMS Pro... when you start it the first time you might want to select the Light version, it's quick and easy... then open it > Menu > Settings > Advanced tab > Notification Settings > Default notification settings > Select ringtone... you can also display a different notification LED color and different vibrate notifications. I'm sure there are other apps out there, but I don't believe you can do that with the stock SMS app.

But you could setup the default tone as the SMS tone if you want to use the stock SMS app, and then do the Gmail setup to get a different tone for your Gmail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781