1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default i had to switch to maxx from GN

i could not take the signal issues any longer so i am getting the maxx from vz monday. After complaining so much they allowed me to do it no charge btw i live in NYC and it was worse then having AT&T btw. and this was my primary phone for business so i was using it a lot. i hope i did not make a mistake.

Default Re: i had to switch to maxx from GN

Motorola has always been known to have excellent radio's... and I'm sure you will not be disappointed... I'm very happy with mine.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Very well built phone radio even in spots that r known as dead or weak spots I still have great signal

Have to agree if you care about signal, reception Moto phones are very nice. After Moto, Nokia, Blackberry....I dont know who else I would pick for decent overall reception.

Some folks try to downplay it or not give them credit for it, or just like to hate on Moto for whatever reasons...but nice reception is their thing, what they're good at. Battery life would be another thing they're good at.

Trust me, YOU DID NOT MAKE A MISTAKE. I did the same thing, but I didn't get to do it for free and I had to buy the MAXX outright, and have been 100% happier with the RAZR MAXX then I was with the GN. My GN is sitting in the drawer and maybe one day when they fix the problems I'll get to use it again.

I did the exact same thing.
    What a difference, like night and day
    Enjoy as I'm enjoying mine

Samsung has never been on par with Motorola, reception wise. You made a good choice.
    Thanked by 2:
    cordonijroc 

ROM
    ?

Verizon Took Back my GN yesterday. I'm not going to say my issues have went away. I will say I have more signal bars with the Maxx

I got rid of my gnex for the maxx and haven't looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    I got rid of my gnex for the maxx and haven't looked back.
    Me too! MAXX came out just when I was fed up with the GN.

ROM
    Stock

Just sold my nexus today, can't wait to pick up a maxx tomorrow . I couldn't take the gnex anymore.. the reception in nyc like you said was horrible. Didn't help that when I got home I was stuck in 3G I am glad that everybody is happy when they made the switch.

Same here. I travel allot and needed a phone first. The GN had horrible reception. Love my MAXX!

ROM
    ?

Verizon should take the GN off the shelf!!!

Recently just converted to the Maxx from a GN too. While I loved ICS and the size of the phone, the constant problems with reception, dropping service, and inconsistent battery life destroyed the phone for me. I got my Maxx yesterday and I have been playing around with it all day and its a solid phone. Don't want to pass judgement just yet until I play around with it a few days but I am very happy currently with my switch.

Surprised to see some of the g nex converts. Manufactures cant hit a home run every time they make a phone. Hopefully the next flagship Samsung phone on Verizon is better with reception. That or Samsung needs better quality control when testing for reception.

I had to make the same move. I called VZN four different times through the day to finally get a CS rep that would upgrade me a month and a half early. I love everything about the GN but the weak radio was enough to push me over the edge.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

I recently grabbed a MAXX at an awesome price brand new off CL and I love it. I still have my nexus as I love that too. I have the best of both worlds now

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastmr2 View Post
    Verizon should take the GN off the shelf!!!
    I totally disagree

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock

Went to go activate my new maxx and the customer rep who helped me laughed when I told him I sold my Gnex for the maxx. He was like you did the right thing. So far I am loving my maxx even though I have only had it active for about an hour

ROM
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by axne1 View Post
    I totally disagree

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    I don't see why verizon would not push back on Samsung to fix the issues. I would have stayed with the GN. I bought the phone December 19. 2 days using it I could see this was not good. The last week in February Verizon started watching the activities of the GN on my account. They called me back and said I should get a motorola phone. It took me four weeks to get a MAXX
    Last edited by 1fastmr2; 04-01-2012 at 08:04 PM.

I've had my Maxx about 2 weeks now and loving it. Had a Samsung Charge before it and let me tell you the call quality on the maxx combined with the life of this battery is a home run. You will not be disappointed at all.
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"