Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    ?

Question Removing APPS

I would like to remove Kindle and some other apps. What is the best way to delete them?

Can you run apps from your SD card?

Default Re: Removing APPS

Some apps like Kindle came preloaded on your phone... most can not be removed. If you go to the app list screen... hold down your finger on the icon your want to remove... if it gives you the option to "Uninstall" then you can... if it does not, then you can not. If you want, then as an option you could hide some apps.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    ?

Thanks!! That's sad you cant remove unwanted apps.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    ?

Wished there was an app to remove them in the Market!!

theres not...

Just root the phone and then freeze unwanted apps with Root Explorer by renaming .apk to .bak
    Most of them are located in system/app folder.
    You don't want to delete/uninstall them because it'll prevent you from successfully installing OTA updates. Before accepting the OTA update you simply rename what you froze back to .apk
    I did just that and no more bloatware on my Maxx

Titanium backup is the best out there for freezing. It's not free but well worth it. It allows you to freeze apps and backup apps and data and restore. I went from the DX to the Razr Maxx and within minutes, I had everything from my DX to the Razr Maxx including app data like high scores and where I left off. Also you can freeze all the apps and unfreeze them when it comes time to update. But you do need root to do it.
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    Titanium backup is the best out there for freezing. It's not free but well worth it. It allows you to freeze apps and backup apps and data and restore. I went from the DX to the Razr Maxx and within minutes, I had everything from my DX to the Razr Maxx including app data like high scores and where I left off. Also you can freeze all the apps and unfreeze them when it comes time to update. But you do need root to do it.
    Thank you for the information!

What kills me are the apps like Verizon Location Assistant that is not able to be uninstalled but tells you that it's not compatible when you open it. What genius decided that was a good idea?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by phissure View Post
    What kills me are the apps like Verizon Location Assistant that is not able to be uninstalled but tells you that it's not compatible when you open it. What genius decided that was a good idea?
    I wonder how people like that get a job.