WiFi /4G Blue Color. Issue Though?

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Since getting this device a few days ago, I noticed that if you have WIFI on.. and are using it.. it will be blue and 4G will just be plain white, same thing if u use 4G over Wifi.. 4G will be blue.

But sometimes, like last night.. both were showing blue.. which made me believe both were being used at the same time.

Is this a correct assumption?

My "fix" for this was to go into airplane mode, go back on, and it worked for a few seconds then went back.

Currently it's not doing this.. but I'm just wondering what the deal is.

No matter what it will be Wifi before 4G before 3G though.. correct?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
According to the official Razr Maxx user's manual, when the icon is blue, you're connected and sync'd with your Google account. When it's white, you're not.

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
so it's just google account, oh. hmm..

I guess it's because I've been "stop"ing running applications. So i dont drain battery.. cause if im not using something i dont want it to keep on running.

one app was at like.. 13 hours.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There have probably been book-length threads posted about stopping running apps. In general, it's somewhat futile, because most of these apps will restart on their own. Most Android experts agree that this does not significantly run the battery down unless it's an app that is doing very power-hungry activities like constantly polling the web. You should be able to see how much CPU any running app is using in the Settings, and if it's 0% or close to it, it probably isn't using much battery.