Swiftkey "Lag"

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that if they use Swiftkey 3 Beta or even Swiftkey X there is a lag when typing? I noticed that when I was trying out Swiftkey 3 Beta. I thought maybe that it was because it was a beta but after I installed my purchased copy of Swiftkey X it did the same thing. Is this the phone or keyboard? Swype and the stock Multi-Touch keyboard work fine just seems to be swiftkey. Anyone else notice this?

bmuenter

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
yes mine too! Every keyboard I've tried are all laggy... it's weird and hard to describe but I have the same symptom. Also, when i'm typing a word too fast for the keyboard, I hit space and it erases the entire word as if I didn't even type anything! It's really really annoying. I haven't seen or heard of this problem on any other device either

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, both SwiftKeys have noticeable lag, particularly when just launching Chrome to type in the URL/search bar. Big pain in the ass.

covard

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I love Swype. I have been using it from the beginning, when Samsung put it on my old windows phone (omnia 2). I was so afraid that I would not be able to find a replacement phone with it on. The older version was a bit different from this one, so I am still getting used to the newer one on my MAXX.

I think you will like it, once you have used it a while.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Swiftkey has always lagged. I always try it out once in a while but always go back to stock.
Not just Swiftkey but any keyboard app.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't notice a lag. I used to be sold on Swype, but then tried Swiftkey. I tell you, I like this Swiftkey a lot. Have to say it works better now that I made the keyboard larger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38