Should I get this screen protector?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Those are really good protectors and very durable. If you want a protected screen than that's the best way to go. Only issue I have with these is it has an orange peel effect.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk.

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Those are really good protectors and very durable. If you want a protected screen than that's the best way to go. Only issue I have with these is it has an orange peel effect.

Orange Peel effect? Also would I still be able to use my silicone case?

Snowcrash45

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

They have a definite texture to them. Feels not as smooth to me. I personally think a screen protector is not necessary on a razr. I used one briefly on my last phone and removed it. I never scratch my screen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Not clear, has a texture to it. You can go to that booth in the mall and ask to see a sample of the material and determine for yourself if you like it. I don't use screen protectors because I don't like ruining my display clarity and I have never had a scratch on my screen before.

And you will be able to use your case. This is nothing more than a very strong screen protector.

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Get one of the Steinheil screen protectors. Been ordering them for all my high end phones...really crystal look. I've had people as they look at my phones, totally deny that there is anything on the screen.

Gorilla glass may be scratch resistant, but it is not shatter resistant (as can be seen on a few recent posts). Keeping a screen protector on MAY add some further protection, and at the very least, will keep the pieces together!

Reactions: lokey and crzycrkr

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a Verizon one on mine. Thinking about taking it off. It's a fingerprint magnet. Screen isn't as clear as it used to be.

Flexia

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Get one of the Steinheil screen protectors. Been ordering them for all my high end phones...really crystal look. I've had people as they look at my phones, totally deny that there is anything on the screen.

Gorilla glass may be scratch resistant, but it is not shatter resistant (as can be seen on a few recent posts). Keeping a screen protector on MAY add some further protection, and at the very least, will keep the pieces together!

Do these apply with liquid like the zagg and are they truly scratch resistant?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

No, its not a liquid and I doubt their scratch resistant.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Got the Verizon one myself, nice and clear and seems to protect well, finger smudges are a little bit of a problem, but will take that over nothing. Got the Verizon case/holster also so really not worried about scratches from keeping it in my pocket....

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
No liquid used in application.

Steinheils ARE scratch resistant. The one on my Droid Incredible was on about 20 months, finally got a little scratched. Took a very long time, and since Steinheil's come in sets of 2, if yours eventually does scratch, just remove and put on the second one.

Reactions: crzycrkr

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Motorola Droid Razr Maxx Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG

So there's a store at the mall that installs these kind of screen protectors onto phones. Would it be worth buying for my Razr Maxx? I have a silicone case but my screen is unprotected and there's already a few small scratches from being in my pocket. I'm afraid the scratches will build up.

Not sure what's scratching your screen in your pocket. Have had my phone for almost 2 months now, no screen protector and no case. Still looks as good as the day I got it. Not a scratch on it, save for a light scratch on the shiny plate around the camera, but barely noticeable.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Steinheil ultra crystal is the way to go. You can't even notice its there and easy to apply. Goes on dry. 2 pack is only about 14 bucks. Don't get ultra fine/get ultra crystal.

EVO-LUTION 3D

Reactions: crzycrkr

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Steinheil ultra crystal is the way to go. You can't even notice its there and easy to apply. Goes on dry. 2 pack is only about 14 bucks. Don't get ultra fine/get ultra crystal.

EVO-LUTION 3D

I've seen these on the RAZR MAXX and it leaves quite a bit of the front open. I installed it for a friend and it went on flawlessly and was extremely easy to install. Just wish it didn't leave so much open and it makes me wonder how anyone could say they can't tell its on. Its definitely clear but that's about it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I can only speak for my phone and it pretty much covers the entire screen therefore does not look like I have one to the untrained eye.

EVO-LUTION 3D

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I can only speak for my phone and it pretty much covers the entire screen therefore does not look like I have one to the untrained eye.

EVO-LUTION 3D

I should have paid attention to the signature you have at the end of your post. ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

jmdroid

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I see posts like this all the time with lots of people saying, I never use a screen protector, never had any scratches. I've had several phones with Gorilla Glass and they all ended up with scratches. Had my RAZR MAXX for three days, set my phone down, set my keys down (yikes, on top) and boom, three clearly visible scratches (yes, I've seen the youtube scratch videos....I don't know why, but it happened). After I then put a Steinheil screen protector on, the scratches are almost invisible, but trust me, they are still there....unless you have tons of cash or can tolerate looking at scratches (I can't), I'd say protect it. I have also had decent luck with the Verizon protectors (non-privacy), they tend to scratch themselves, but are much less expensive.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Wait to u remove it. You'll see alot more finger prints on your screen. This is one main reason I use a screen guard. I use wrapsol ultimate no orange peel no liquid to install and after 24 hours any bubbles left in from installing will b gone. And no tacky feel like other guards.
I have a Verizon one on mine. Thinking about taking it off. It's a fingerprint magnet. Screen isn't as clear as it used to be.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I see posts like this all the time with lots of people saying, I never use a screen protector, never had any scratches. I've had several phones with Gorilla Glass and they all ended up with scratches. Had my RAZR MAXX for three days, set my phone down, set my keys down (yikes, on top) and boom, three clearly visible scratches (yes, I've seen the youtube scratch videos....I don't know why, but it happened). After I then put a Steinheil screen protector on, the scratches are almost invisible, but trust me, they are still there....unless you have tons of cash or can tolerate looking at scratches (I can't), I'd say protect it. I have also had decent luck with the Verizon protectors (non-privacy), they tend to scratch themselves, but are much less expensive.

Like our moms used to say, "Well, don't do that then." Keys and phones do not make a good pair. Why would you put your keys on top of your phone anyway? That is your bad. If I stored my phone in the silverware drawer, is it the phone's fault if it scratches? Plus, no one ever claimed GG is scratch proof, just scratch resistant. My advice is if you can offer your phone a dedicated pocket, aren't going to set your keys down on top of it, and will take some care with it, you don't need a screen protector.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37