3rd party launchers?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
What 3rd party launchers are you all using?
I was using Go Launcher EX on my previous Android phone, and it worked well. For some reason it's having issues running on my Maxx.
Sometimes I would swipe to go from one home screen to the next, and nothing happens. After about 2 or 3 tries, it would work. The same applies for icons as well. The issue comes and goes. Does anyone else have this issue using Go Launcher EX on their Maxx?

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I am using GoLauncher EX. I've been a fan of this launcher across multiple phones and carriers. It offers many customization options, is quick, and free. There are many complimentary widgets (or GoWidgets as they call them), to go along. Keep your eye on custom widget permissions though (for any launcher) as you may not want them to have as much access as they desire (even though it is not "necessary"). For me, I don't really care too much since it is free and is not personalized.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Go Launcher as well with no issues on mine. You have probably already done this, but make sure you don't have any widgets running on the Blur. You should have a Home Switcher installed to go between the Launchers but if not, get one. Then go back to Blur and make sure that nothing else is running. That's the only thing I can think of short of doing a factory reset and starting with GL, then adding your apps back to see if something else is hosing it up. This dual core phone should have zero issues running GL. I love Go Launcher. This is my second phone with it and I will probably continue using it even when we get ICS.

PS. I find that the Home screen transition that works best for me is the 'Bounce'. Makes things very fast for me. Hope it gets better for you. I think the phone and the GL are both great.

Also, I'm not rooted and you obviously are so there may be a problem for you in that difference. Just something to consider. Because of that, all that stuff I said above probably doesn't even apply to you. Sorry about that:)

Last edited:
Reactions: cdf3

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Go Launcher as well with no issues on mine. You have probably already done this, but make sure you don't have any widgets running on the Blur. You should have a Home Switcher installed to go between the Launchers but if not, get one. Then go back to Blur and make sure that nothing else is running.

Thanks for the tip. It seems a tad faster already.

Last edited:

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I used to use LauncherPro but now I'm using GoLauncherEX and I love it. LauncherPro just isn't as smooth as GoLauncher IMO. Another thing I didn't like was during bootup, once it got to the home screen, it took over 2 minutes before I can open the app drawer or swipe screens without tons of lag and sometimes it just hangs up for another minute. With GoLauncherEX, I never had that issue and I have more widgets and home screens then I did with LauncherPro.

I gave LPP another try after I had issues and cleared all user data and cache. I had to start over and it was no big deal and it worked great for about 2 weeks but it started acting up again. I have used LPP for a little over 1 year and a half and I loved it but now since I have used GoLauncher, I kicked LPP to the curb.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I used to use LauncherPro but now I'm using GoLauncherEX and I love it. LauncherPro just isn't as smooth as GoLauncher IMO. Another thing I didn't like was during bootup, once it got to the home screen, it took over 2 minutes before I can open the app drawer or swipe screens without tons of lag and sometimes it just hangs up for another minute. With GoLauncherEX, I never had that issue and I have more widgets and home screens then I did with LauncherPro.

I gave LPP another try after I had issues and cleared all user data and cache. I had to start over and it was no big deal and it worked great for about 2 weeks but it started acting up again. I have used LPP for a little over 1 year and a half and I loved it but now since I have used GoLauncher, I kicked LPP to the curb.

Launcher Pro lets you use up to 7 screens...so GoLauncher lets you use more than that? Not that I need that many (I only use 3). I may check out GoLauncher since I hear good things about it. I hope it has a scrollable dock with multifunction (tap or swipe up) per icon...cuz that's a must for me.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Using LauncherPro and I haven't had any issues what so ever. Finally got everything set up just the way I want it and it looks awesome.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
The market launchers all seem slow to me. The best I've tried speed wise is Nemus.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Another thing I didn't like was during bootup, once it got to the home screen, it took over 2 minutes before I can open the app drawer or swipe screens without tons of lag and sometimes it just hangs up for another minute. With GoLauncherEX, I never had that issue and I have more widgets and home screens then I did with LauncherPro.

Thank God I'm not the only one who experienced significant lag with Launcher Pro. I've switched the GO Launcher EX and it works like a dream - buttery smooth, fast, and very customizable.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Launcher Pro lets you use up to 7 screens...so GoLauncher lets you use more than that? Not that I need that many (I only use 3). I may check out GoLauncher since I hear good things about it. I hope it has a scrollable dock with multifunction (tap or swipe up) per icon...cuz that's a must for me.

It has all of that & more.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have only one dock for GoLauncher. I swipe down for the screen preview and swipe up for the app drawer. I also have GoLauncher's bookmark widget and it's better then LPP. Golaunchers Widget are great too.

Hiding apps in the app drawer with GoLauncher is easier. Just open the app drawer and hit the menu button and you have options there. Also with their widgets, you can download themes for it as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay