Sun ruined my camera?

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Not me exactly, but my girlfriend has an Android, and today we went outside to take some pictures, we saw a nice glare look through trees from the sun, and decided to take a shot or two. After she took a few pictures the pictures are now completely effed up and glitchy.

Before she presses "shoot" the screen looks fine and the picture is what we want.. but afterwards, and during the preview, etc.. it turns out like this.

b5o2v7.jpg

What's the deal?

We've also noticed that the camera is delayed by 1 picture. So say we take a picture of a box of M&Ms.. the screen will show the previous picture.

Then if we take a picture of a dog.. the screen will show the M&Ms..

Any comments will be much appreciated. Thank you.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'd suggest you clear all data... then test again... if there is still an issue you might want to get a warranty replacement.

Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All tab > Camera > Clear data.... Home... then it might be good to reboot (power off, leave it off for a minute, power back on).

Reactions: Phadunkin

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Lol, it wasn't the 'solarize' filter. The filter wouldn't mess with pictures that bad.

fatboy, thanks for the advice, it worked like a charm. Just reset the data and let the camera sit for a bit.

Phew.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad it worked. I never liked the solarize filter anyway, since it essentially makes your pics look like the camera's messed up!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Lol, it wasn't the 'solarize' filter. The filter wouldn't mess with pictures that bad.

fatboy, thanks for the advice, it worked like a charm. Just reset the data and let the camera sit for a bit.

Phew.

Glad I could help. This usually fixes a number of things for different apps.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
No it just clears all the settings and stuff you changed for your camera, or any app for that matter. Its like re-installing the app

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS!!! ;)

cgaines2101

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Coolness. I took a couple of pics yesterday and today and s few of them had blocked out a portion of the pictures for some reason. I will try thi and maybe t will correct the issue. Thanks.