Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Contacts do not show in car bluetooth pairing

I've had the same experience with my 2007 BMW. It worked fine until an update. It seems like something that could be fixed in a future update and I hope for it each time one comes along. It hasn't been addressed yet. I've read that people have had success reverting to an earlier Android version.

Same issue...? My Ford SYNC C-Max will only download select entries from the phone book. It is a FORD issue, they need to fix it or push a fix down. I keep calling Ford and they deny the issue.

If some or no contacts transfer to your car phonebook it may be because your contacts are on your SIM card and not in your phone memory. Only the contacts in your phone memory are transferred. Yes, you can see them in your phone but that is because you have selected 'Show all contacts' in the settings. In contacts click the menu button and select 'Contacts to display' then select 'Phone contact'
    What you see in your contacts on your phone now will be what you transfer to your car Bluetooth phone book. To transfer all contacts to your car phone book you will have to import all contacts to your phone memory from your SIM card.
    Thanked by:

I too have just had the problem. I bought a 10 month old Kia Ceed last week, and I have an Android Samsung Galaxy Ace s5830i mobile. I had several attempts to transfer contacts after a successful pairing, with no luck. EE phone shop could not help either.Today I spent some time editing my contact list for no other reason than to add a photo. These I saved to the phone rather than to the sim card. Before putting the car away, I tried one last time to match up my phone to the car system and Lo and behold, all the new contacts which I had saved to the phone, transferred to the car system immediately. The remainder which were saved to the sim card did not transfer. I hope this may be of use to anyone having problems loading contacts to a car phone system.

thanks very much your advice was brilliant, i bought a new sony stereo for my car with in built blue tooth and after pairing my samsung mini s3 to the stereo it paired ok but it didn't transfer all my contacts etc. I have been pulling my hair out all evening trying to work out why! when there's no logical explanation, so i took your advice and after pairing turned the bluetooth off my phone then turned it back on and as you said i got the popup asking if i wish to transfer all my data etc with a yes or no so i clicked yes and hey presto! all contacts were in my stereo, so i thank you my friend because that piece of advice is not written anywhere so what a god send cheers all the best kevin.

Cool Re: Contacts do not show in car bluetooth pairing

Done what you said i had to do and Whalllla! it worked great for me,many thanks for posting the cure.colin.

Hi Colin, Thank you for your message, pleased I was able to help someone who was obviously in the same frustrating position as I was.

Kevin, Thanks for taking the time to reply. It was good to know that I have helped a fellow sufferer.

For those who are still having issues, I tried something which worked for me.

1. Ensure both bluetooth devices are switched on.
    2. Go to your contacts list in your Galaxy S3 phone.
    3. Menu > Settings > Contact sharing settings > Send individual namecards [Not sure if this is important, but I did this step first]
    4. Menu > Share Namecard Via > Bluetooth
    5. IF your bluetooth device shows up in the available devices, select it.
    6. Your phone will attempt to push all your contacts to this device.
    7. At this point, my bluetooth device responded and started (slowly) receiving all contacts.

Hope this helps

That worked 100%

After trying many different ways for days I gave nodloh1's fix a try.
    Went back to my car turned it on and bingo all my contacts that I copied to my 'Phone contact' where there.
    It was so simple todo.
    Thanks nodloh1 for a job well done

I found the following solution based on the instruction here, which was not finished fully. This work on my 2014 VW Golf. Interestingly, Windows phone did not have any problem, but identical Android phones (me and my wife) bought at the same time, one was transferring phone book into, but mine as not. Here is full instruction:

1. Go to the Google Play Store through your phone
    2. Click the Search icon
    3. Type in 'Bluetooth Phonebook' in the search field
    4. Find, select and install "Bluetooth File Transfer"
    5. Open this application
    6. Click Bluetooth Icon
    7. Select "Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)"
    8. Exit
    9. Steps 5 and 6
    10. Select your Car which was already paired, in my case VW Phone
    11. Start your car and load Phone book to your car from your car.

You might start from scratch to remove your paired phone and the repair it again, but I did not have to do it.

Thanks to this forum, I found and figured out this solution after about 20 min, while phone dealer had now clew and car dealer appointment was waste of my time.

This worked for me.

Pairing the car and phone.

Turn ignition switch on position 1 or 2.
    Activate your cars phone RT switch.
    Go to settings tap bluetooth. Check the box
    to allow bluetooth devices to find my phone.
    Search for device.

Phone will find the car phone and ask to pair.
    Enter your car phone code and phone will show car paired audio.
    Do not stop here. Continue to download phone book.

To download phone book.
    Go to contacts on your phone.
    On the drop down menu select share. Select all contacts.
    Press share at the bottom of the screen.
    A list of bluetooth devices will be available.
    Select the devise you are sharing with (car).
    Contacts will load.

Discovered my new (2014) Motorola Moto-G phone only downloaded some of my phonebook when paired with my 2014 BMW.
    It seems I’m not alone with the problem, but fixes others have recommended haven’t worked.
    I don’t know what causes the problem (BMW or Android software or what) but I have found a work-around.

I discovered that the only the names marked as favourites were uploaded to the phone book.
    (The star next to the name is filled as opposed to being empty)

Marking the entire address book as ‘favourite’ allowed them all to be uploaded.
    Then I ‘un-tagged’ the extra ones from my phone to remove the new ‘favourites’, which put my phone back as it was originally.
    And the good news is that now they are uploaded, the BMW still displays them correctly when the phone is next paired.

Hope this is helpful to others.

I had the same problem with my Prius and my new Galaxy S4 after the latest system update. It drove me crazy! Finally I figured it out. I went to the phone setup in the car. I found a button that said "phonebook refresh." It took a few minutes but when it was done, my entire contact list was available through voice command or hand dialing. I hope this helps!

I have a Hundai santa fe 2012 my S3 contacts synced perfect updated to a S5 and no way but does work with wifes 2014 passat went to hundai they said corp canceled blue tooth updates so now left out in cold hands free driving starts in just a few day now what

Hello guys,

my dad bought Hyundai i30 so we wanted to try bluetooth pairing with his HTC EVO 3D Android phone. After bluetooth pairing, the car panel asked me to download contacts from the phone. So I confirmed that on the panel and accept the new notification on the phone.

Contacts and call history has been copied (155 contacts). Playing music also works via car speakers like a charm. Then we wanted to call mom, but... her contact detail wasn`t synced. I discovered there are more contacts which had not beed synced with car.

I tried to add new contact into the phone's contact list (first add to the phone, then add to Google), then resynced the contact list woth the car, but only the same number of the contact (155) was synced.

I tried with my iPhone 5S and all my contact were synced succesfully. As I`m not so familiar with Andoid, please, can someone help me?

According the Martyn Reed's from post on previous page, I should do this:

to get the contact on the idrive you need to edit each individual contact and assign it to the group 'My Contacts'. (it may work with other groups i haven't tried), All my contacts were 'Not assigned' to a group so therefor not synced to the car.
    Once this is done, turn off the Bluetooth like above and turn on again and the car connects and you should see your contacts appear.

Could you please advise how? Is the anything how I should repair thecontact should bet entered in order to sync properly?

Marking contact as favorite ones does not work as the few contacts currently marked as favorite actually has not been sinced.

Thank you in advance!

Just wanted to add my story. I have a 2013 Hyundai Sonata and when I bought it I had the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 that was rooted (not sure if that had anything to do with it). The car downloaded my contacts normally and I had no issues. I upgraded my phone to the Galaxy Note Edge and my car would only download 89 of 102 contacts. It seemed that it didn't want to download the rest. The contacts were all from Google and always had been since my previous phone. I tried EVERYTHING from clearing my phone back to factory specs to deleting the car from BT and deleting the car from the phone. Putting contacts on the phone, on the sim, etc. Nothing worked. I downloaded the trial of the Bluetooth phonebook app and all the contacts synced and they synced within 10 seconds. Previously it would take 2 minutes to do less. The issue with the trial is that it changes a random digit in every number transferred. So I bought the full version for $2 and it worked. Too bad we have to pay money for the phone to do what it's supposed to do anyway. Fully worth what I had to spend.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123