Contacts do not show in car bluetooth pairing

rgbcmyk

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here in a 2012 Sonata 2.0T with a Droid RAZR M. Tried the Bluetooth app, but phonebook never transfers, even after I give permission on the phone.

b1ibbo

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi all.

After finally converting to Android I now have an issue which this thread nearly answers. I have a Galaxy S4 which is amazing. I have just picked up my new car with built in Bluetooth. It keeps asking me to send my contact via Bluetooth from the phone to the car.

I cant seem to find the correct way to do this.

Any help gratefully received!

jlmutolo

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
2013 Genesis Coupe and Droid Razr Maxx HD. Tried unpairing and removing references to each other to facilitate a "fresh start". Pairs up easily and even asks me if I want to share my contacts and call history in dialog boxes. I answer Yes to both questions. The Contacts button on the Genesis' screen lights up! I press it and it says There is No Phonebook. I've tried "sharing" my contacts with the Genesis via Bluetooth with no success either.

Feh.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi all.

After finally converting to Android I now have an issue which this thread nearly answers. I have a Galaxy S4 which is amazing. I have just picked up my new car with built in Bluetooth. It keeps asking me to send my contact via Bluetooth from the phone to the car.

I cant seem to find the correct way to do this.

Any help gratefully received!

Welcome to Android Central! When the car asks you to send the phonebook to the car, check the phone itself--is there a notification asking you if it's ok to communicate with the car?

John Campo

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I am beginning to believe it is an Android issue that we cannot connect our wireless phone books. I bought a Kia Optima, my auto salesman connected my Motorola Droid Bionic successfully. Then an update came along to the phone (Verizon, by the way), and I lost the communication to the phone book. Never worked since. I have just upgraded to a Samsung S4, nothing, same error, cannot find phone book. I tried my Daughters LG Octane and it worked flawlessly. I think its time to get out of the Smart Phone race and revert back to the simple phones.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It could also be related more to the car's software, and problems with compatibility or communication with the phone. I've seen various posts about problems with Hyundais, and I would guess Kias are essentially the same.

Personally, I've never had any difficulty when pairing phones (first Razr Maxx, now Nexus 5) with my car (BMW). It'd be interesting to find out if there are car brands that tend to have more problems with BT pairing.

Sitroc

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a 2014 Elantra a few weeks ago, and I was able to pair and connect my Motorola Bravo Smart phone to my car but could not download the contacts. Every time I would get in the car with my phone, the contacts would start downloading for a few minutes and then it would say that the download failed. One day I opened my phone to the contacts' list and watched the screen as the car was downloading the contacts. I noticed a very tiny sentence at the very top of the screen that popped up for a few seconds and disappeared. It said that Elantra needs your permission to download contacts. It kept popping up every now and then and disappearing. I finally was able to catch it and click on it and okayed the download of my contacts and history. Now my phone works fine. I hope this helps.

ljocean

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a Hyundai Elantra and Nexus phone, So, I too downloaded Bluetooth File Transfer version 5.45. It worked after I figured out how to use the program. Took me about 15 minutes.

Don Gilman

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hyundai Elantra SE 2014 with Samsung Galaxy S5 (not rooted). Unable to pair with different examples of this car until I purchased Bluetooth Phonebook from the Google Play store. BOOM! My contacts went over at light speed vs the 5 minutes for the phone to transfer 5 and then give up.

Don Gilman

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a Hyundai Elantra and Nexus phone, So, I too downloaded Bluetooth File Transfer version 5.45. It worked after I figured out how to use the program. Took me about 15 minutes.

Thank you! Although that app didn't work - it led me to try others and as my post shows - I found a solution. Really, thanks for suggesting the app option.

mclewis99

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same experience with my 2007 BMW. It worked fine until an update. It seems like something that could be fixed in a future update and I hope for it each time one comes along. It hasn't been addressed yet. I've read that people have had success reverting to an earlier Android version.

new android user

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Same issue...? My Ford SYNC C-Max will only download select entries from the phone book. It is a FORD issue, they need to fix it or push a fix down. I keep calling Ford and they deny the issue.

nodloh1

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
If some or no contacts transfer to your car phonebook it may be because your contacts are on your SIM card and not in your phone memory. Only the contacts in your phone memory are transferred. Yes, you can see them in your phone but that is because you have selected 'Show all contacts' in the settings. In contacts click the menu button and select 'Contacts to display' then select 'Phone contact'
What you see in your contacts on your phone now will be what you transfer to your car Bluetooth phone book. To transfer all contacts to your car phone book you will have to import all contacts to your phone memory from your SIM card.

glenray

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I too have just had the problem. I bought a 10 month old Kia Ceed last week, and I have an Android Samsung Galaxy Ace s5830i mobile. I had several attempts to transfer contacts after a successful pairing, with no luck. EE phone shop could not help either.Today I spent some time editing my contact list for no other reason than to add a photo. These I saved to the phone rather than to the sim card. Before putting the car away, I tried one last time to match up my phone to the car system and Lo and behold, all the new contacts which I had saved to the phone, transferred to the car system immediately. The remainder which were saved to the sim card did not transfer. I hope this may be of use to anyone having problems loading contacts to a car phone system.

Kevin Blackmore

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
thanks very much your advice was brilliant, i bought a new sony stereo for my car with in built blue tooth and after pairing my samsung mini s3 to the stereo it paired ok but it didn't transfer all my contacts etc. I have been pulling my hair out all evening trying to work out why! when there's no logical explanation, so i took your advice and after pairing turned the bluetooth off my phone then turned it back on and as you said i got the popup asking if i wish to transfer all my data etc with a yes or no so i clicked yes and hey presto! all contacts were in my stereo, so i thank you my friend because that piece of advice is not written anywhere so what a god send cheers all the best kevin.

glenray

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi Colin, Thank you for your message, pleased I was able to help someone who was obviously in the same frustrating position as I was.

Joel Mortimer

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
For those who are still having issues, I tried something which worked for me.

-
1. Ensure both bluetooth devices are switched on.
2. Go to your contacts list in your Galaxy S3 phone.
3. Menu > Settings > Contact sharing settings > Send individual namecards [Not sure if this is important, but I did this step first]
4. Menu > Share Namecard Via > Bluetooth
5. IF your bluetooth device shows up in the available devices, select it.
6. Your phone will attempt to push all your contacts to this device.
7. At this point, my bluetooth device responded and started (slowly) receiving all contacts.

Hope this helps
Joel :)

Chambers William

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
That worked 100%

After trying many different ways for days I gave nodloh1's fix a try.
Went back to my car turned it on and bingo all my contacts that I copied to my 'Phone contact' where there.
It was so simple todo.
Thanks nodloh1 for a job well done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress