Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By jaybro0813
  • 1 Post By juststart
  • 1 Post By Praggles
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kevlar Back

I just noticed this last night and am curious if any of y'all have seen this...

The Kevlar back has a large spot in the middle that a little darker than the rest. Like, the Kevalr has a sheen to it and this spot in the middle that is kind of large, doesn't. It almost looks like a wet spot, but it's not.

Default Re: Kevlar Back

So what's the issue?
    Droid Razr Maxx Owner.

Is the Maxx new? Have you taken off all of the protective covering?

There is one on the back, and it is very hard to see, unless you are really looking. If you haven't taken it off, then you may want to, or you can wait until it is apparent. Mine started to bubble a little after a week or so, and I started looking and noticed that it was a protective covering.

If that's not it, then I hope someone can help.
    Thanked by:

Maybe just an oil spot. Try rubbing it with a dry cloth.
    Thanked by:

You don't mean the motorola logo? That's the only wet/shiny looking spot I see.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yea I'm pretty sure I took the piece of plastic that was on the back off. I thought it might be an oil spot like B.Diddy mentioned but I tried a variety of wipes and it's still there.

It's no biggie... just wondering if anyone else had that. It doesn't feel any different so I'm going to stop worrying about it. Perhaps it's just the way mine is.

Thanks for all your help, guys!

How about rubbing it with your finger? I have noticed some spots as well, but they tend to smooth out and disappear when rubbed with a fingertip.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    How about rubbing it with your finger? I have noticed some spots as well, but they tend to smooth out and disappear when rubbed with a fingertip.
    No luck. Tried an oil absorbing wipe, a microfiber cloth, a baby wipe... no dice. You can't really see it unless you're looking at it in direct light with a lamp or the sun. Kinda weird....

Put your phone in a case and you can't see anything lol
    bradenfontaine and ZMixon like this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by jaybro0813 View Post
    Put your phone in a case and you can't see anything lol

lol it's too nice for a case, haha!
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by juststart View Post
    lol it's too nice for a case, haha!
    I hate putting a nice looking phone in a case, but I am also always worried about breaking it.

I know this is an old thread, but just bought a razr m and saw this spot on the back of it and was doing some searching. found this and wanted to reply and say i have the same exact spot. wipe it off and it goes away then appears again. almost like the battery heat is causing discoloration of the kevlar. Kevlar Back-img_0620.jpg this may be hard to see but hopefully this is proof that at least two of us are not crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

not sure if this is better or not. Kevlar Back-img_0621.jpg
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

That looks like oil from your skin. Like where your finger/hand sits when your holding the phone. Kevlar is a bunch of woven fibers, so I would expect if your carrying your phone naked, everyday contacts will leave their marks. It doesn't look like a flaw or damage. I have a Maxx and an M. Usually in cases. Looking at the naked backs, I don't see anything that doesn't wipe away.

My razr maxx also have that!

Ok, I am not crazy then. What is really strange is i thought about it being where I held it and getting oil from the hand/fingers into the weave of the Kevlar too so i took some alcohol and wiped it off. and it was gone. here is where it gets weird. with just sitting there and not touching the phone on the back, it came back.... tell me that is not strange.

Do you see dead people too?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

From the picture (it's very shiny), it looks like the plastic film is still on the back of your kevlar.