Razr Maxx at Costco

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Finally saw that Costco (in Santa Clara, CA) is offering the Maxx at its wireless kiosks, but they told me it's only available for home delivery. Didn't ask for many details, so no idea how long it takes for delivery. The advertised price was $289.99, and the agent told me that it includes the HD dock. Not bad, but I'm guessing you still get hit with tax, whereas Amazon Wireless is tax-free (and $229 for the phone, no dock).

ST_Jim

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I just did the Costco deal, as I got a free-phone deal for my wife with it. Tax on the $289, a couple days to ship. Their free goodies are crap, except for maybe the travel charger (the free cases were useless). I would have paid more tax straight from Verizon, but the phones themselves would have been slightly less (still had a $100 credit from new-every-two days). Costco has a 90 day return policy on electronics, although Verizon just has the 14 days to back out of the contract renewal (not sure how that would work!)

So all in all its a bit of a wash...

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I just did the Costco deal, as I got a free-phone deal for my wife with it. Tax on the $289, a couple days to ship. Their free goodies are crap, except for maybe the travel charger (the free cases were useless). I would have paid more tax straight from Verizon, but the phones themselves would have been slightly less (still had a $100 credit from new-every-two days). Costco has a 90 day return policy on electronics, although Verizon just has the 14 days to back out of the contract renewal (not sure how that would work!)

So all in all its a bit of a wash...

Yeah because of the 14 day Verizon policy you can only switch out your phone at Costco if you're over hte 14 day mark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech