1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Maxx on fire

What makes the Maxx run hot. About once a day my maxx gets really hot to the touch on the front glass. I can shut down for about 5 minutes and we are back in business. Really don't want to keep doing that.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Maxx on fire

Any Android can get a little hot... mainly from an APP that will run and use a lot of processor time. The only time mine has ever gotten hot is by using Google Maps for an couple hours to find a location. Check out the apps you have on your device.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

what aspect of apps am I looking at? I mean the front glass is extremely hot. The battery gets to 37 dregrees c

Quote Originally Posted by jaybro0813 View Post
    what aspect of apps am I looking at? I mean the front glass is extremely hot. The battery gets to 37 dregrees c
    Again, I said "Processor"... the processor is behind the screen and that is what usually gets hot... and that is usually because an app is hitting it hard... but since I don't know what apps you have and how often they sync or are set to work... at least that is what I'm thinking with the limited information I've read.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

I've never had it that hot. You can check your battery stats when it gets like that to see if you can identify an app or program that has been running a lot during that time period.

Settings ---> Battery Information ---> Battery Use

Then see what's in there and if it should be running. That's what I can think of off the top of my head.
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".

ROM
    None

What makes the Maxx run hot. About once a day my maxx gets really hot to the touch on the front glass. I can shut down for about 5 minutes and we are back in business. Really don't want to keep doing that.
    Your phone has an issue get it swapped out. Mine never gets what I would call hot.

ROM
    ?

I have had mine with the screen on for over an hour or more playing a radio station and never had an ssues with the glass getting hot. I would take the phone back to a verizon factory store
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

thanks for your advice. Just called Verizon and they are going to send a replacement phone.

ROM
    Arctic Hd

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastmr2 View Post
    I have had mine with the screen on for over an hour or more playing a radio station and never had an ssues with the glass getting hot. I would take the phone back to a verizon factory store
    Screen on has nothing to do with it. It's the CPU behind the screen that generates the most heat. With a phone this thin expect to feel the heat with heavy usage.

Sent from my Eclipsed Droid RAZR via Tapatalk II

ROM
    None

thanks for your advice. Just called Verizon and they are going to send a replacement phone.
    Great!

That's pretty weird, my phone gets hot when I'm using it but the screen never gets really hot for me.

My phone gets hot when I play video games, use navigation or watch videos but besides that the phone doesn't get hot.

I think screen on DOES have something to do with it, because mine gets hot when I have the display on for an extended period of time and all i'm doing is reading through Twitter feeds. There's no way Twitter runs the processor so high as to generate lots of heat. And there's very few things running in the background.

As soon as I darken the screen, I can feel it slowly cool off.