New Max maybe a bad unit
04-19-2012 01:31 PM
- My wife just got one a day ago and her battery is not good and she has been dropping data and has also not gotten some text messages. I know its been only one day so the battery is still new but she looses a 1% every few minutes. She is on 4g all day and she has most of everything sinking every hour or longer. She relies on her email for work, but even that she has it sinking every hour or so. But for a big battery it seems to be draining fast. She was texting me for about two min and her battery went from 40% to 30% and thats using circle battery widget showing it at 1% incramants . And loosing data off and on is weird. So do you think she has a bad phone.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-604-18-2012 09:09 PM
- It could be because she got a Max and not a Maxx
I would try a couple things. Turn off 4G and see if that helps as well as see if any apps are running in the background that are using up the battery.
If it still doesn't work do a factory reset and see if that helps out any.04-18-2012 10:01 PM
- When I go into the battery stats the os is high and then the screen is second. I would think that the screen would be first. I have the nexus and my os is way down there while hers is on top. I've looked at her apps and nothing seems weird. Also here social networking widget does not work . She does have a Facebook app so when she wants to use the widget it say she can only have on account. She deleted the Facebook app then the social widget would not open or do anything. I'm still trying to get her to do a factory reset but she doesn't want to reload every thing again.
Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk04-18-2012 10:12 PM
- B. DiddySenior AmbassadorMissing texts is a known problem, one that the upcoming system update is supposed to solve.
On my Maxx, OS is the main battery user, but keep in mind that it doesn't necessarily mean that the OS is a real battery hog. It's just a percentage of use, so it's all relative. It may be that the Maxx uses relatively less battery to maintain the display than the Nexus, hence the Nexus shows the display eating up more battery. Incidentally, adjusting the brightness is another way to improve battery life--you usually don't need it at 100%, so either make it automatic adjustment, or set it to maybe 30% while indoors.
Does she need to have the phone automatically checking for updates at all, or can she do it manually? Turning updates to manual can definitely save some juice, but I can see how automatic updates is important for business. The upcoming system update is also supposed to optimize battery life a little more, so you might want to wait; however, since the phone is new, you could talk to Verizon about getting a replacement.
Since she's having some data dropout, I wonder if the signal strength is lousy in her area. If you have no signal, the phone ends up spending more battery as it strains to find a signal. There's an area where I work that has no signal, and I notice that if I spend a while there, my battery definitely drains more quickly.04-18-2012 10:40 PM
- Where she works its a good area for 4g. We both get 4 full bars there. I was thinking that it might be because Verizon is expanding in our are on the 19th. I live in Modesto Cal. I know if it looking for data it can suck that battery down fast but it a good area. The text was something we did not know about. That's kinda bad when her boss it texting here and she is not getting them. Its just a few but still. We are going to see how it goes tomarrow. I'm hoping for an improvement in the battery even if it a small one. I'm trying to keep her from going back to the iPhone.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-604-18-2012 10:54 PM
- Also the social network widget does not work. When she goes to set it up it asks to select the account it says that i can only have one account so it wont work. She deleted the facebook app that she has and it still doent work. Then when igo into the accounts setting and i click on the Facebook account it force closes04-18-2012 11:27 PM
- The social application thing has been a little finicky for me also but one thing I learned about the accounts is that you must not download the application from the marked first. When adding an account make sure you start with the icon already provided in the accounts section. There should only be the one in there starting out. Login, set it up and you should see the window showing the app+ social app+ contacts. after that is set up then you can get the mobile app from the market. After you load one from the market youll see it in the accounts also but thats ok because you set up the first one already. This applies to fb& twitter on mine so maybe it will help. The key is if you don't see the window linking them, then the social app will not see it.04-19-2012 01:31 PM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Droid RAZR MAXX
New Max maybe a bad unit
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD