ICS not coming until September for Razr

schoolmaster3

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I contacted Verizon support because I was having problems with auto backup in backup assistant. I was told by the Tech it is a known problem and would have to be done manually. He said it would be corrected but not until September when the Razr was updated with 4.0 ICS. That's not what I wanted to hear.:(

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Reps are the WORST people for Rumors or Information about their own networks/systems or phones....

hold it...

strike Verizon and insert ANY mobile phone provider's name.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't listen to Verizon reps regarding news on updates. I know they haven't been told anything, and even if they were they wouldn't be allowed to talk about it.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the Verizon backup assistant? Because you could solve the problem and just use Google to back up your info.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

covard

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
If your issue is that backup assistant is not working, have them escalate it to level two. I had a problem with mine when I first purchased the phone, but it worked two days after calling support and having them escalate the issue.

If your issue is that ICS isn't coming 'til September, I'm afraid none of us can help, but we can commiserate (?). ;)

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Great! Get it 100% right before pushing it out. So sayeth the guy who got botched updates pushed out to his DX.
Maybe they'll make sure this time with this wonderfully perfect phone we all have now, before they rush and shove out an update that is actually a downgrade to the phone. :)

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Based on what verizon reps say, always add another 3 months to the date they give you. So December would be more like it.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is in a big hurry to have new issues with your Maxx, slide on over to the Nexus S forums and check out all the reports of new problems like battery life reductions with their ICS update. Then enjoy your currently stable Maxx while it still is. Don't wish for something too hard, you just might get it. I don't care if I ever get ICS. I like my phone as is. I know that's not a popular thing around here because of the addiction to change but I'm just very happy with this device.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Reps are the WORST people for Rumors or Information about their own networks/systems or phones....

hold it...

strike Verizon and insert ANY mobile phone provider's name.

Exactly. These reps usually have no clue about updates.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
If anyone is in a big hurry to have new issues with your Maxx, slide on over to the Nexus S forums and check out all the reports of new problems like battery life reductions with their ICS update. Then enjoy your currently stable Maxx while it still is. Don't wish for something too hard, you just might get it. I don't care if I ever get ICS. I like my phone as is. I know that's not a popular thing around here because of the addiction to change but I'm just very happy with this device.

spoken like a true person without ICS!! ;)

Reactions: rbess1965

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
spoken like a true person without ICS!! ;)

Why are you on the Maxx forum when you have an Incredible 2 and want a Nexus?:confused:

rbess1965 makes a very good point. Devices that need to be updated to ICS are at more risk for glitches than those that came with ICS. The Maxx currently works very well with Gingerbread, and is one of the more stable devices on the market, judging by the relatively few complaints to be found on forums. I have no doubt that ICS will eventually come, but I'd rather Moto and VZW take as much time as they need to make it right.

Reactions: LBTRS and rbess1965

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Exactly! Read this about all the problems with the Verizon Nexus

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/04/21/sprint-galaxy-nexus-orders-arrive-early-device-running-android-4-0-4-ummm-hello-verizon-and-google/

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to say, but the issues with the Verizon GNex are hardware issues...not software. My GNex works just fine as do thousands of other people out there. If it were a software issue, it would affect ALL phones...not just some.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jetfixer01

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I had a GNex for 2 hours before it went right back. On the way home tried to use Navigator. Max volume was so low, that Navigator was useless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca