Curious - Razr Maxx in Bionic lapdock?

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at the connectors on a Razr (not Maxx at the time) and my Bionic. The connector orientation and spacing is the same, though not location. Still...if I could manage to plug the phone into my Bionic lapdock would the lapdock work with it? Seems like the proprietary lapdocks (Atrix/Bionic) only differed in orientation of connectors and worked fine if you were crafty enough to rearrange things...

I'd love to have a Maxx and I have an upgrade available to me, but I'm awfully attached to my lapdock and don't really want to pay all over for a new one that is known to work with the Razr...

gtricecakes

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You have to remove some of the plastic in order for it to work, but it definitely is the right spacing. I used a dremel to get mine to work. You could also just buy cords if you don't want to do that.

I'm not terribly impressed with the dock performance on my razr, then again, I just got it and haven't really played around too much with it.

Reactions: bbycrts

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
You have to remove some of the plastic in order for it to work, but it definitely is the right spacing. I used a dremel to get mine to work. You could also just buy cords if you don't want to do that.

I'm not terribly impressed with the dock performance on my razr, then again, I just got it and haven't really played around too much with it.

apparently it'll feel more like an ICS tablet once the phone is upgraded to ICS itself

Caped Codder

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Something interesting has come up. My Droid 4 works beautifully in the Bionic Lapdock. After I use it in the Bionic Lapdock, it refuses to charge completely. It gets quite warm but won't charge above 70%. If I power down & reboot the phone it will charge completely again without getting nearly as warm. I am using an inductive charger. Anyone else seeing strange behavior with lapdocks?

Jor Ge

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Could you be a dear and tell me which cords I need to be able to do that? (bionic lapdock working with a razr maxx).

I would really appreciated. Thanks!