Task killer....

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Don't use. If your concerned with things running causing drain watch your background data usage and turn off auto updates in your social apps.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Even though many Verizon in store sales people will tell you that you need to download a task killer, you don't.

Do a Google search on the subject if you want to read all the tech stuff on why you don't need it, but in short it does more harm than good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Don't use it. It will cause more problems then it might solve. And if your device is running very slow, just reset the device.

Ryan32973

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
In your opinion. It screwed up my phone for a while and there was nothing set to stop after two min that should of caused a problem for that to happen

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Not my opinion (I never stated it was my opinion, just relaying what the Moto Razr Maxx Engineer discussed with me one on one...) ;) - If there is an issue, MOST of time, they are related to something conflicting with the standard Task Manager app, that Motorola pre-loaded on your phone.

Just sharing what I have been told directly, not forcing an opinion.

Good luck!

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
You just don't need one.
They have been known to cause random reboots as well as other problems.

I know I was addicted to :p:thumbup:

sent from a Android device :)
I'm always on!

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Even though many Verizon in store sales people will tell you that you need to download a task killer, you don't.

Do a Google search on the subject if you want to read all the tech stuff on why you don't need it, but in short it does more harm than good.

This is completely incorrect and it's actually the total opposite. Verizon is against task killers and whenever people come in with them on, we remove them. Stop spewing lies unless you know what your talking about.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This is completely incorrect and it's actually the total opposite. Verizon is against task killers and whenever people come in with them on, we remove them. Stop spewing lies unless you know what your talking about.

What's wrong Joe strike a nerve exposing the expertise of some of the store sale people? Sorry but the only thing I'm spewing is the truth that I have personally witnessed.

Now perhaps you don't recommend a task killer, but had you actually read and took the time to comprehend what I wrote, I said many not all. I can think of 3 times in just the last month that I have heard task killers recommended to customers in our local Verizon store.

It's nice to see that $30 upgrade fee put to use for training employees with that expert consultation we receive.

I was personally told when I purchased my OG Droid to install one and was once again told to do so when I purchased a Droid X. Perhaps the person spewing is you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eclipse2K

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I have seen Verizon representatives recommend the installation of task killers nearly every time I'm in the store. I have even been told by Tech Support to install a task killer and I informed them of Google's explanation as to why we shouldn't. I will say, however, that out of about 50 representatives I have heard talk about this topic, only one was aware of Google's discussion and even sent me an e-mail to my e-mail on file. Didn't ask, he just did even though I saw it before.

1 out of 50? Not a good number...

I guess Verizon isn't against tech support offering mediocre and useless troubleshooting steps, right? I mean, my RAZR had no physical damage and was in pristine condition as if it were removed from the box. The black trim was popping out of place right by the SIM door. No way to push it back in. After explaining this very clearly, I was told to turn my phone off and see if the problem is fixed. I refused, said that makes no sense! Guess where that got me? You got it! Master reset... no way was that happening. Bad manufacturing quality with the cheap plastics must mean software is messed up... Uh, wow... Verizon is always helpful and polite when needed, but can rarely if ever provide me with any information that's useful. I have to bypass all of these steps before anything can be done. As if they ever help. This isn't just a Verizon issue, this happens at T-Mobile, US Cellular, AT&T, Sprint, etc. The real technical people don't work for these companies.

Sorry if that sounded like a rude post. Honestly, I'm very polite to representatives and would never tell one of them off. I'm only making a point here in saying that I'm glad these people are able to make a living, but their knowledge on these products is not great.

Last edited:
Reactions: metz65

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the "Advanced Task Killer" app.

Sure it 'kills' the app.. but they just come right back up.

I haven't encountered issues..but I also haven't noticed any improvement.. I think I just have it just to have it.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the "Advanced Task Killer" app.

Sure it 'kills' the app.. but they just come right back up.

I haven't encountered issues..but I also haven't noticed any improvement.. I think I just have it just to have it.

Delete it, battery life and memory is suffering. I could of sworn that Google said "used up memory is far more useful than constantly freeing up memory with a task killer". Not in that exact words, but Android automatically closes applications when more memory is needed. By using a task killer, you're killing applications and the system is forced to reopen these same applications.

Reactions: Phadunkin