Different notification alerts/sounds help?
02-18-2013 12:05 AM
- Hi, i am a new maxx user, coming off an incredible 2.
Can i change the notification sounds between the ones for text messages and email alerts? Or with Motorola are they all lumped together? And how do i assign an individual contact a particular customized tone or notification sound, if possible? Thanks04-30-2012 04:56 PM
- I think they're lumped together as far as texts and emails are concerned.
If you want to customize notifications for each person, get a texting app like Handcent or Go SMS. They both support lots of customization.
For phone calls, you can edit each persons ringtone in contacts. Select a person, hit your menu button, click options, edit ringtone.04-30-2012 05:23 PMLike 1
- I have changed mine so that my email alerts have no sound, and yet my test messages do. You can change the selected ringtone for the email by hitting the menu button when you are in your email. It brings up an email settings screen and you select the notifications. If you have more than one email, you have to set each one separately, so you can have a separate tone for each one, I would guess. The notification sound for text messaging is accessed the same way. Go into text messaging, hit the menu button, and select messaging settings. Notifications is down the screen, so scroll down.
I haven't done any customizing with contacts and selected ringtones. Sorry!
Hope this helps.04-30-2012 05:31 PMLike 1
- MA2GA28Deluxe MemberYeah, you can have a separate sound for everything, but just not text for each contact. While each app is open, set the tone you want. Done and done.
FYI, there is a bug that may change the tones you set at random. Doesn't hit everyone, but figured I'd mention it jic.
Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 204-30-2012 10:38 PM
- Same question I guess but still trying to understand if it's possible to use a separate tone for a Contact sound when receiving a text. Ive set up a contact for the text Im receiving then in settings, set ringtone, and chosen something different for that contact. Problem is when the text comes in it defaults to the System tone set up in the Sounds in the System Settings. Im guessing this means that the Ring Tone option in the Contacts is only for a phone call? And that Ill have to use something suggested above like Handcent?01-04-2013 04:30 PM
- I'm not sure about what the others have suggested, but I use the app Ringo: Ringtones & Text Tones. It's free. It's for text messages, and you can select a different notification sound for each contact. I have one sound for when my kids text me, another for my husband, and others for several friends I text regularly. It has always worked perfectly. I'm not sure what the difference is between the free Ringo and the Pro version, but the one I use is fine for specific text notifications.
Here is a link for you:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tldC5yaW5nbyJdSame question I guess but still trying to understand if it's possible to use a separate tone for a Contact sound when receiving a text. Ive set up a contact for the text Im receiving then in settings, set ringtone, and chosen something different for that contact. Problem is when the text comes in it defaults to the System tone set up in the Sounds in the System Settings. Im guessing this means that the Ring Tone option in the Contacts is only for a phone call? And that Ill have to use something suggested above like Handcent?01-04-2013 05:53 PM
- Go SMS Pro which I use has this option, along with the ability to customize reminder tones that play if you don't pick up the txt within a certain amount of time.
It also allows me to customize vibration pattern for txt which makes it easy to know if I got an email or txt when the phone is on vibrate in my pocket.
InfinityDevil01-04-2013 08:19 PM
- I want the same thing with my Kyocera Hydro. Changing my notifications settings when in email didn't work. I don't want to assign a different sound for each contact. I just want to receive a sound notification of an SMS, but not get a sound for an email notification. A friend phone has them separate, but mine doesn't. Not sure if it's Ice Cream Sandwich or Kyocera, but not well thought out at all. I want to be woken up if I get a SMS, but not if I get an email.
Anyone know of a simple app that can do this?02-18-2013 12:05 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Droid RAZR MAXX
Different notification alerts/sounds help?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD