Fix the heat with Task Killer

jaybro0813

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Spoke to Verizon person about my phone getting hot. He recommended I use a task killer when it get's hot. For some reason I remember that we are not supposed to use task killer.

Anybody know the right thing to do? Should I use a task killer? What should I do as phone get's extremely hot once a day.
By the way the Maxx is 2 weeks old and is a refurbished maxx .
thanks

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
what is it doing when it gets hot? Is it from a massive sync?

It isn't so much that you shouldnt use task killers, it is that you really do not have to unless there is an issue. Android doesnt need them, but a properly configured one can be useful sometimes.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
A Verizon representative recommending a Task Killer? Say it ain't so, I was told NO Verizon representatives would do such a thing...

Lol, sorry for that. I would find out what application is causing the issue and than either configure it differently if possible or delete it. Maybe check the battery usage for which application is used most when its getting warm. It shouldn't be a stock application.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Its a bad app causing your phone to become warm. Start deleting apps and see what is causing it. Don't use a task killer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad