Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mededitor
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best way to use in a car as an audio player?

Coming over from the iPhone and so far am in LOVE with my Razr Maxx but one have one issue. I would plug in my iPhone into the USB port in the center console and I could charge, play, and control the music from the head unit and steering wheel.

So plugged my Razr Maxx into the usb port and it didn't go so well. Tried to stream Pandora but it just played over the phone. So is my only option is the 3.5 audio jack and then plug it in to charge? Is there a better solution?

Default Re: Best way to use in a car as an audio player?

motorola navigation dock.. best out there.. plays thru speakers..

I use Bluetooth audio to connect to my car stereo. Just depends on the stereo but mine can play music or I can talk on the phone through the stereo. It's a pioneer radio that even has a microphone that connects to the stereo and clips on the sunvisor. Really nice as the phone plays my calls over the speakers in the car. Not sure the model number but picked it up at Walmart for about $150.

ROM
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by FredBassett View Post
    motorola navigation dock.. best out there.. plays thru speakers..
    Where can you find this? Is it an app?

Like you, I went from the iPhone to the RAZR MAXX and experienced a learning curve regarding using the RAZR in my car as an audio player.

I connect via Bluetooth and plug-in USB for charging (if needed). I have a 2012 Toyota Highlander with the upgraded navigation/audio system.

The only way I have found to play my music through my car stereo system is to switch the radio to Bluetooth (I'm always connected via Bluetooth for phone usage, but I have to choose "BT" for the audio system [just like I choose "FM" or "SAT"]). Then I use "Google Play" and activate the music on my RAZR. Once I do that, the music list automatically plays through my car stereo; once the music is playing I can control the music (eg, volume, skip a song, shuffle) through my car stereo.

I don't understand why I have to activate the music on my RAZR rather than via my car stereo, but this is how it works for me. It may depend on your car's audio system. I found the Bluetooth method sounds better on my car stereo than a 3.5 audio jack.

I hope this helps.
    Super Turtleman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mededitor View Post
    Like you, I went from the iPhone to the RAZR MAXX and experienced a learning curve regarding using the RAZR in my car as an audio player.

I connect via Bluetooth and plug-in USB for charging (if needed). I have a 2012 Toyota Highlander with the upgraded navigation/audio system.

The only way I have found to play my music through my car stereo system is to switch the radio to Bluetooth (I'm always connected via Bluetooth for phone usage, but I have to choose "BT" for the audio system [just like I choose "FM" or "SAT"]). Then I use "Google Play" and activate the music on my RAZR. Once I do that, the music list automatically plays through my car stereo; once the music is playing I can control the music (eg, volume, skip a song, shuffle) through my car stereo.

I don't understand why I have to activate the music on my RAZR rather than via my car stereo, but this is how it works for me. It may depend on your car's audio system. I found the Bluetooth method sounds better on my car stereo than a 3.5 audio jack.

I hope this helps.
    I have to do the exact same thing using Sync on my Ford Flex. Works like a charm though.
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I use a Blackberry Bluetooth Music Gateway in my car, but these seem to be hard to find no. Griffin Technologies makes a similar product that you can find @ Amazon (BlueTrip).

This solution will not allow you to navigate tunes via your car stereo controls, but you will be able to enjoy clear bluetooth streaming audio from your phone. Hopefully, by the time I am ready to buy another car full bluetooth audio capability will be standard in all vehicles.

Griffin - Amazon.com: Griffin Technology BlueTrip AUX for iPhone and Smartphones: Cell Phones & Accessories

I believe there is a setting under the Pandora app to enable bt on a car audio system. Make sure that is checked

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums