Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default question... maybe you can help me

I just got my MAXX today and playing with it I thought it was update. Well no it wasn't when I checked. Now it keep notifying me of the update and and starts a count down to install but I dismiss it. I DO NOT want the update my phone runs fine I love it! Is there a way to stop these notification (there popping up every 2 hours) and not install the update? I don't want it to update while I'm sleep either.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: question... maybe you can help me

not if your stock...you need to root and do some other stuff...

Not sure if it will update without some intervention from you, but I could be wrong. What is the update? Maybe it is just under the hood bug fixes and nothing you would notice..
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Its a system update. Probably the one I see some ppl been complainig about. 'm wondering should I do a factory reset to get rid of the notification. I'm running system version 6.12.173 I'm fine with this version.

Some people will complain just to hear themselves talk. Do the update and you won't notice a difference. I have yet to wear my battery out in a day. I don't turn my 4g off, and I am constantly doing something on my phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Each update will bring improvements and some irritations but honestly it hasn't been a bad thing. If you have to do it don't sweat it too much.
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"

And if you don't accept the update if and when the new OS (Ice Cream sandwhich) comes out you won't be able to download it.
    And if rumors hold true hopefully that is happening within the month.
    Live, Laugh and Love Everyday.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I got it to stop I just did a factory reset last night and it stopped. When I had my droid x and I was doing update it seems like my phone got more more screwed up every time I did it. That update will always be there, but for now I just wanted to enjoy my phone for a lil bit! I'm going to update it eventually or it will update itself.
    I appreciate all the good reasoning thank you for taking the time to answer my post guys appreciate it!
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Well thought I got rid of the update notice, but now its back! Guess I have no choice!

yep you have no choice, that update will need to be downloaded. I tried for a good while to stop mine but it kept on coming back
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Fred Have you had any problems with your phone since the update.

i took a hit on the battery life for a short while. It was good but not as good as it had been. Give it a week to settle and then it should be fine after that. Its all back to normal now

try this app too apn4apps in Play store.. just download it and leave it alone. It helps too. Been using it a good while and battery life is excellent

Just download it. I see a lot of people complain that after the update the battery was not lasting as long as it did before it. That happened to me. So I food a factory reset, but the update was still installed on my phone and now my battery lasts as long as it did prior to the update. You will be alright updating it. Don't worry.
    Thanked by: