Help with windshield mount

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
So this is gonna sound weird, but I do a little storm chasing in my free time, and i am looking for windshield mount for my maxx so I can use radar/GPS while it is mounted. But I also want to be able to use the camcorder while I am driving, does anyone know of a mount that allows me to do this?

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So this is gonna sound weird, but I do a little storm chasing in my free time, and i am looking for windshield mount for my maxx so I can use radar/GPS while it is mounted. But I also want to be able to use the camcorder while I am driving, does anyone know of a mount that allows me to do this?

I use a universal mount. You may want to get one that also can clip onto an air vent. My droid charge would overheat when mounted on the windshield.

mrcraft2u

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I would think the only option would be to find a universal windshield mount... Since you want to record while driving you would want to find one that does not have the long extended arm...that would shake too much. Too bad the Motorola windshield mount blocks the camera...it has the short arm and would be perfect. I wonder if you could get a dremmel drill and modify the moto mount so the camera would be clear.

Bonham239

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey the Verizon stock mount is awesome has a cut out for the camera for some reason.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz