Razr Maxx otterbox commuter - heat issues?

allawayr

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi all -

I purchased a Razr MAXX yesterday - looking for a case for it at the moment. I plan on using the Strava app - which tracks cycling mileage (GPS based) - and as such I'm looking for a case that can protect my phone when it's in my jersey pocket if I fall/crash (gently - I wouldn't expect my phone to survive a serious crash). Is a TPU+screen protector case good enough, or should I spring for the otterbox commuter?

Additionally, I have heard reports of the phone temp going through the roof using the otterbox commuter. I'm a pretty heavy user so this would be unacceptable - can anyone else corroborate this?

Thanks for the help!

Edit: also, can anyone speak to this case's effect on reception?\

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I can say I never noticed heat or reception issues using the case. I stopped using it because I got kind of annoyed by the dust , lint and gunk that would accumulate around the edges of the screen where it was covered by thecase. I went with a sheath style and now I have good protection, easily keptclean. I thought the commuter A very good case tho.

Reactions: allawayr

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I use this case and have had no issues with reception whatsoever. As far as the heat goes I've not noticed any increase other than when the phone is in my pocket a couple times I've pulled it out and it was warm for some reason.

Reactions: allawayr

sharkstyle

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I was considering the Commuter and a TPU case before I got my phone. Decided to get the cheaper TPU case first and then spring for a Commuter if I wanted more protection.

Ended up getting a Diztronic TPU case (high gloss, not matte) and I think I'm good. If the phone was any taller or wider, I'd probably spring for the Commuter, but my hands are perfect size for the phone and the high gloss case provides excellent tact. My brother got the matte and it's super slick, you might as well go naked in terms of "grippability". So I would recommend the Commuter if your hands are are on the smaller size and/or you have big pockets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance