Facebook stopped working over Wi-Fi?

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
As the title says, no FB over wifi. It works just fine over 3G. Computer on same network has no problem reaching FB. Rebooted phone and router. No recent changes to either. Anyone else?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

taeisme

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I am glad that I am not the only person with this problem... Its annoying.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The FB app for Android is just horrible. It has always been painfully slow. Just absolute junk.

Reactions: Ry

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So I figured out it's just my home wifi where Facebook no longer works. I recently updated my routers firmware. Anyone know what ports Facebook needs so I can open them up?

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Just checked my FB app. It is working over wifi and 4G. not sure why your app is not working. have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Are you running an after market launcher? If so perhaps there it's a conflict.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
conspiracy theory.. ?? lol

so... yea.. facebook is painfully slow at times... and ok at other times.. i have the maxx and my wife and sister got a rezound... they all work the same way.. so.. when we do try to go on facebook and when its slow.. we try to use desktop.. being that the case.. i was wondering is that something facebook actually wants?? facebook wants us to use the computer to go on it?

Its a fact and is presented as a risk .. that facebook users are depends more on smartphones to go on facebook.. and thats an area where facebok hasnt started making any revenue... since there is no ads..

So My theory is

Facebook app slow->frustrated(still addicted)-->computer access to facebook--> Ads->$$$$$$

Someone is smart @facebook.. lol

OR
Its is just slow

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
mine works fine. For the most part anyway. Every now and then ill have problems though. I blame the app. It has always been really bad, although they are getting very close to making it good!

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS!!! ;)

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
And just like that it started working again today, even before the FB update.

Fullwave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my RAZR MAXX. I have a combination of DLink 655 with DLink and Belkin access points. Never had and issue with my DX until I upgraded to the RM. I have no problem accessing the Facebook app with the 4G connection and no issue with any other site with the browser but if I try to access Facebook with the app or via m.facebook.com I get a timeout connection error lost connection. Very frustrating and no excuse.
I've tried changing channels with the APs and also change grom WPA only to WPA and WPA2 auto and still the same thing. If I check my DL speed with Speed Test, on WIFI I get consistently a pink of about 21ms, a DL spead of about 28,000 kbps and an upload speed of about 2100 kbps but no connection with FB app or even the FB mobile website. This is crazy.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine stopped working again. It's the Android FB app. It absolutely sucks. I have an Asus gaming router and have no problem getting all other data over Wifi, including Google+. No solution until FB UNF***S their app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Facebook crapp just sucks. I've been trying to convince my friends to defect to Google+.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't even get to FB on my phone browser over WIFI anymore. That makes me think it's something on their server side. All other websites and apps work fine. I've started using Facebook less and Google+ more. Maybe if enough people get driven away from FB they will fix their crap?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol