Display color saturation

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I brought this up in another unrelated thread and since it bugs the heck out of me I thought I'd break it out. The display on this phone is good as far as I am concerned, but the colors are far too saturated. I know it's a marketing thing. People equate highly saturated colors with display "pop" and "vibrancy" - market speak which has nothing to do with reality - but if you know what a good display should look like, colors that glow like these do are not right. Yeah, i am a photographer and I do adjust.

Is there a way to tone down saturation? An app or something?

logan2k

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I have another post about the yellow tint I notice on mine. I found an app called 'Screen Adjuster' that lets me adjust the colors on the display. Somewhat helps with the yellow tint and might also let you tweak it to tone the overall color down to your liking.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I have another post about the yellow tint I notice on mine. I found an app called 'Screen Adjuster' that lets me adjust the colors on the display. Somewhat helps with the yellow tint and might also let you tweak it to tone the overall color down to your liking.

I found that and tried it. It sure does reduce contrast, which sort of helps. I will keep looking, thanks.

Skydog#AC

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Please post updates with any apps found that will adjust the display colors. They are way too saturated and reds/oranges/greens are dreadful. This is the only thing about my Maxx I do not like -- my DX was calibrated perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance