How to force a reboot?

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,
My wife's Maxx seems to be "hung" and I can't do anything with it.
She came to me this morning and told me that her phone was really hot and that her battery was draining fast. In 10 minutes it had gone from 100% to 80%. This is without anyone using the phone.
So, I updated an app (Mobile Defense....because the older version was causing battery issues for me on my Nexus) and rebooted the phone.
The phone came up and a bunch of Google apps were crashing. Eventually I got a message that Google Music had crashed. The popup window that shows Force Close won't take any input and it just stays up. If I hold the power button down to get the Reboot screen...it comes up underneath of the Force Close window and I can't reboot.
So.....how can I do the equivalent of pulling the battery?

Thanks

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Press the power button plus volume down (at the same time) for 10 seconds.

And uninstall some apps. It sounds like you have some rouge running that is eating your battery and causing issues with your phone. Do you know the last few apps that were installed?

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I'll pass that along to my wife.(Update: Phone is back up now....whew) I don't even know what to uninstall. She literally doesn't use any apps. I installed most of her apps when she got the phone a few months ago. So I am thinking an app that automatically updated is the culprit.

Thanks very much.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34